Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sweet little Moki still isn't getting any better I moved him to a lower protein diet I am removing corn etc anything that is likely to cause allergies switched him onto yesterdays news put him in a new more enriching cage treated him for mites idk what else to do for him nothing is working. His neck is really bad and he split his ear itching so much. He still acts like he is fine but he is CONSTANTLY scratching :( I dont know what else to do I am really afraid that if we cant at least start to figure this out I may have to have him pts he doesnt deserve the pain he must be in :(

This one you can see his split ear

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
Looks like Shiro's issue and nothing is helping. I am giving her metacam for pain but I cannot cure her. I will be taking her in to be pts soon enough I think. I am very sorry Elli :(

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What else can I try? I do not want to just give up on him :(

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Did you already take him to the vet? Sorry, I can't remember? He needs medical attention right away, poor little guy. :(

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I lost my job for calling in sick we cant afford the vet right now and I feel horrible for that. My vet isnt overly experienced with small animals she is great with neuters but you can tell she isnt around rodents much she would prob just say its mites which he has been treated for she isnt a bad vet but I just dont have the money esp with her not having a ton of experience.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It reminds me of a "hot spot" like dogs with fleas get but he doesnt have fleas

·
Registered
236 Posts
Oh.. poor little guy!! I am praying to the gog of rodents he getts better. I hope you dont have to put him to sleep. Do you think he is in a lot of pain? Or just scratches a lot? maybe some kind of food allergy. I had a human friend tht happend to. Feed him very basic food and make sure you know EVERYTHING in the food. He will get better i know he will!

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I switched food this one has very different ingredients and with rodent food its not so simple to know EVERY ingredient and it hurts him rodents just hide pain

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
Mice get nasty unexplained things...they also get manic about scratching themselves bloody, even after the initial wounds/buggy infestation is healed. I really had hoped not to run into anything like that. If I can stop her scratching she might heal, but even with baytril and metacam it hasn't worked. :(

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there anything I can do for him? He doesnt even play anymore the last few nights he hasnt even touched his wheel and his normally very well kept fur is a mess :( All he did last night and for the last few nights is hide in his tp tube and go eat some of the food I gave him ... he is usually a VERY active mouse :( he isnt even playing with his train :( He loves his train :(

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
Is there anything I can do for him? He doesnt even play anymore the last few nights he hasnt even touched his wheel and his normally very well kept fur is a mess :( All he did last night and for the last few nights is hide in his tp tube and go eat some of the food I gave him ... he is usually a VERY active mouse :( he isnt even playing with his train :( He loves his train :(
He's probably in pain. You could try infant ibuprofen to see if it helps a little (unless you have metacam from a prior surgery).

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It helped a little last time he is actually exploring his cage now :) So thats a good sign I mean he runs when he see's me but he is just a shy boy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts