Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know what to do I am so fustrated. My boyfriends key ignition-don't know how it's spelled. was broken so we had to take his car to a shop. l We didn't have all the money to fix it at the time so his mother decided to help us and then let us pay herr back when we get the money.Well she takes it to a shop that was a little bit cheaper. When we got there my boyfriend and I told her we didn't have a good feeling about the place. Of course she told us we were just paranoid and to deal with it. Fine well they ended up replaceing the coil. A coil which was good to begin with. Next week we're back in the shop to get the ignition fixed again. His mom said she'd take the car to another shop for us since we had to get sleep in the day time. Well she took it back to the same place as before. The same place that did not fix the original problem with the car in the beggining. They fix the ignition and then the windsheild wipers start acting funny.We are in the middle of hurricane season there's alot of rain right now. So once again his mother takes matters in her own hands. She called the same shop up again and told them the problem. They told her it was a switch because they are made of plastic these days every few years they need to be replaced. So we waited for the switch to come in. we argued about what shop to go to and his mother won of course and we went back to the same shop that's been screwing us. I told her not to because what if we can't fix the next problem. She ignored me everr so politely. The car was suppose to be out that day. Well the next day comes and they tell us the wires were crossed and they need a new engine for the wipers. That means their men messed our wipers up in the beggining but we can''t prove this. To make matters worse three days later we get the stupid car back and now there a huge crack in the windsheild. And when my boyfriend asked the man at the shop what happened his mother told him to go home. And guess what she paid them more than what they gave her on the estimate and now my boyfrined and I have to set our plans back because we have to pay herr back. Oh and it took us going to the **** shop three times in a month for her to say "well we just won't go back there". When my boyfriend was at work. She started telling me well I wish he would've stayed there so he could've helped me argue with that man. Ugh. If she wanted him to stay she shouldn't have told him to go home.I am so sick of people trying to handle my crap for me if we went to a different shop that I know is a good shop we wouldn't bee in this mess. gah.. I'd try to sue them but we have no evidence. Although I did think about calling animal welfare on them for haveing a three legged underweight pitbull tied in the back. I think he may have been used for fightingm iin the past from the looks of things. But I am afraid the poor dog would be put to sleep he tried comming up to me to say hi. I dunno what to do I can't believe shes so stubborn. It took a $1,000 for her to realize the place was ran by crooks. When the original problem would've only cost 600 max. And this isn';t including our windsheild getting fixed. Not to mention she told us to just save money when we pay her back to fix the windsheild. And she keeps trying to defend to automobile place. Arghh. Not to mention they used all of our gas. We brought it in with almost a full tank and we had to refill the tank before we got home which the place is only a few minutes away.

·
Fluffy Gerbilshorts
4,378 Posts
You went through all that for an ignition? They are so EASY to fix. I dont call myself a mechanic and I am definitely NOT one. Buy the book and fix it yourself. Ignitons are so easy to fix.

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in a neighbor hood where you can't have a broken down car for more than two or three days. His car was locked bad. So by their standards it's broken down. PLus we have no where do it his mom wouldn't let us do that esp. since it's on her property and he's on her insurance because it's alot better. Next time we will ....I hope..

·
Aspires to Stupidity
2,312 Posts
Wow, I would've argued with her until I was blue in the face! It's not her car so she shouldn't be the one to decide which shop it's going to. Yeah, she lent you the money, but that doesn't mean she makes all the decisions. Some people have a lot of nerve. It's because of her stupidity that you're having to pay more so, I'd make her pay for half of the repairs just for not listening to you.

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man now the car ticks every time we turn on the windsheild wipers. And they don't reach where they use to. I don't know what it could be from anyone have any advice? I tried to find out where the ticks are comming from and it's somewhere in or behind the steering wheel.

·
I'm not weird, I'm gifted
1,530 Posts
Try taking it to a new shop.
If you still have the bills from the old shop, and the new one points out that they have made some crappy work, you should have a case :)

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My boyfriend's mom has the bills and is being very difficult when it comes to the car. My boyfriend and I are just letting some time to pass so maybe she can be more rational. I am just getting so tired of all this I really like his mom and I don't like this whole ordeal but it has to be solved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts