Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just kind of a cute story. There is a stray cat that has been hanging around in our neighborhood. I have not been able to catch her yet. Awhile back she had a litter of kittens. She is SUCH a good Mother. She's a great protector, and doesn't let the kitties out of her sight. (They are on their own now).....

One day there were some vultures circling around in the air....she caught sight of them. One of them actually landed on top of the mobile home next to us. The cat was watching him very carefully.

He landed on the ground for a second, and the mama cat went after him, swiping at him with her claws. She chased him all the way across the street--right on his tail and swiping at him all the way. He finally took off. I found out later that what he was after was some food scraps one of our neighbors had thrown out.......
That's one tough cat!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Haha!Brave kitty!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
What a great Mom Cat.

I actually watched a neighbours cat try and hunt a small bird one day, and off a lamp post comes a crow diving and attacking the cat and saving the little bird, it was amazing to watch!
Nature is so entertaining.

·
Registered
926 Posts
what a great kitty!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still a tough kitty

That same cat that chased the vulture across the street was brave again this weekend. There was a dog running loose--I'd say about a 60 lb dog--looked like a chow mix. He came through our back yard and "Sparkles" (the tough kitty) stood up to him. She justs stared at him and kind of puffed up, and he ran the other way.
She is really something else. I wish she had gotten tame. She never really did get tame............

·
Guarded by Waffles
2,921 Posts
Such a good mother cat!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts