Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Motw---- Flickering Hope!!!

788 views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  FlickeringHope 
#1 ·
Congrats Flickering!! Your up, people can ask questions but NO personals such as phone numbers or addresses or anything. (Here we go)

What's your one time utimate fear in life?

#5 ·
Congrats Flickering!! Your up, people can ask questions but NO personals such as phone numbers or addresses or anything. (Here we go)
Gee, thanks! This isn't what I was expecting, but I'll take it. :)

What's your one time utimate fear in life?
To lose the love of my life. I've always fancied to grow old with my partner, and if I lost him, I don't have any relatives that my family has remained close to, so I'm not sure I could confide in anyone to help me through it. That is, not anyone that's experienced it.

What is your favourite food? Least favourite food?
As far as least favorite food goes, I'm growing a great distaste for pork - I think it's way too dry - and I usually eat like half of it, wait for my fiance's parents to go to bed, then bite off any seasonings on it and feed the meat to the dog as a treat.

Most favorite? Hrrm.... years ago anyone would have said my favorite food was mashed potatoes; but my fiance's mom is diabetic, so we have carbs(and thus, usually, potatoes) from 2 - 3 times a week, so I'm actually getting sick of them. As it stands, probably chicken is my favorite.

If you had that chance would you go bunjee jumping?
Errr....lol.... Maybe. It's doubtful, but maybe. And if I did, it would have to be over water. I would NOT risk bungee jumping when there's rocks or ground underneath.

What is your FAVORITE animal? LEAST favorite? Do you fear any animals?
I love all animals, really. But I do love whales, I'd love to go Whale-Watching some day, and even swim with one...or two....or whichever.

Least Favorite.... I'm terrified of confronting a Great White shark. And I'd be even more terrified to confront a Megalodon(ancient Great White Shark - but there's been sightings as of the early 1900s - of fishermen seeing a gigantic creature swimming underneath the water ranging from 120 - 300 ft. Megalodon is supposed to be extinct, but if it's still out there, it could be flippin' 120 - 300 ft. long and 10-12 feet wide at the head, according to still other sightings of fishermen seeing a head at least that wide. The Blue Whale's only 90 ft. long. ..I suppose the upside is if I did confront one, and if it is that size, at least it could swallow me whole.....

I adore sea creatures, and I'm both fascinated and frightened to meet whales due to their size, but plainly terrified to confront a Great White. I know fear of them is unfounded - they attack based on the assumption people are seals - but I think it's their mouths that terrify me. They're all majestic swimming around, looking cool, but they open their mouths and it's like their teeth pop out from nowhere, x__X And they're just like.....all gums and teeth.

#7 ·
Motorcycle or Car?
Probably a car; if I'm gonna drive, I'd like to be protected on all sides.

If you could have any hair colour, what would i be?
I love my natural hair color! It's mostly brown, but it has sun-dyed blonde streaks and a bit of red. In earlier pictures, sometimes my hair looked dark dark red if the light hit it just right. But to answer the actual question, I'd probably go dark red.

Do you prefer to spend time alone, or to be as social as possible?
I'm fine spending time with a few people at a time, but I can't handle groups. Any time I've been in a group I've always been really rather shy; I zone out a lot, and I find it hard striking up a conversation. My mom and dad and brother are the same way. Virtually all my cousins are pretty gregarious, though. So, I prefer to spend time alone really.

#9 ·
Do you have any hobbies
Hobbies...probably researching. I research all sorts of different things, and they don't generally correlate. I get that from my dad, I think. He's got an amazing memory and he's always so full of information.

I also like to collect shells; when we walk to to the lake that's about a mile from here, I walk around on shore and pick up tiny tiny shells. One store we were at a while ago had a bunch of shells for sale that the employee sold to us for a dollar, and as we were going through them, later at home, we found 2 shark teeth, a Lace Agate(?), what appears to be flakes off of a pearl, and a really odd, pretty shell that's lavender and tan. What a steal!

Are you reading any books right now? If so what are you reading?
Yes! Right now I'm reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It's been taking forever..mainly because I prefer reading when it's quiet around me. So that generally means downstairs in the bedroom, which I can't do for too long or else my fiance gets all pouty and says he misses me(lol), so usually I have to wait until we both go to bed, and if I'm not too tired, I read before attempting to sleep. The TV is on like all the time up here because my fiance's parents are watching it, so I don't really get the chance to read anymore than like 2 - 3 chapters, before I'm too tuckered out to continue.

#11 ·
I would love to have a Syrian hamster again. I had them for years up until about... 3 years ago. Unfortunately, that may still be several years off.

I'd also like to have some goats as pets; I made instant friends with one at a petting zoo years ago(he wasn't even bribed with food), so I've been reading up on them here and there.

#12 ·
What pets would you never have?

#14 ·
What pets would you never have?
This is really hard question... I'm willing to give any pet a try really. But I think... I would never have a Scorpion. My fiance did some research into them yesterday - they're a lot like Skunks, they'll apparently give you fair warning before stinging. But that stinger...it's very daunting. It's an awesome defense to daunt even a human, but, I can't deny it... I am daunted, lol.

So I can't say I'd never own one.. but it's not a personal decision I'd make on my own. Someone would have to convince me, and personally train me how to hold them and not to make them feel I'm cornering them.

Whats your favorite kind of music?? And your favorite band/singer?? Also, what song would you NEVEr grow tired of (assuming the possibility of over playing doesnt exist o_O)
Also another really hard question; I really like what I can only describe as power instrumentals, a really emotional blend of stringed instruments and a piano. I have a song like that, that I nabbed off of youtube, but they didn't include the song title or the artist, :/ All I can say is they played the song back during the Olympics during the "Ice Dancing" part of it. If I could find a list somewhere that listed the songs used, I'd totally look it up. Anyway, when I start listening to music that's generally the song I start off with - and I could listen to it again and again and not get tired of it. I'm just really fond of instrumentals in general, and I also like techno.

#17 ·
I like cosmology, anthropology, archaeology...virtually anything that involves discovering/learning about something, :)

Whats the best restaurant you've ever eaten at?
Hard question.... I could answer based on best restaurant due to food, or due to service. The first Big Boy's I ate at, the waiter was really friendly, but I'll probably go with Old Country Buffet being my favorite - I love buffets.

#19 ·
Have you ever traveled? Where?
I've traveled - on family vacations, to Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Jersey, West Virginia, Minnesota, Ohio, and Michigan.

And if you did,where were your favorite places to travel?
I really loved Rhode Island. I love beaches, and all those beaches around were just friggin' awesome.

Is there anywhere you really want to visit?
Hawaii, without a doubt. I'd love to live there, too, but it would be kinda silly without having even been there.

#25 ·
Wasn't sure if I should answer at this point, :)

*sighs* Really hard question; but I'll have to say cats and hamsters. I love rabbits, but I'm still new to them, and I've had tons more experience with hamsters, so.... for now, I'll have to say cats and hamsters.

What's your favorite candy?
I'm trying to stay away from sugar, since it's no good for our bodies, but... I really really like Root Beer Barrels, :)

What do you prefer to drink? (Thinking of everything, water, cola, juice, beer and so on)
Again, trying to stay away from sugar; and I've never really drank alcohol. Ummm.... probably water; because one can essentially make their own soda through water by adding flavorings and sugar to their liking, :) Sometimes if I'm tired of just plain water I'll add a bit of sugar so that's it's noticeable, but not overly done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.