Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I have been breeding Rats for a while now, almost 2 years. Recently I got into mice as well (quite accidentally, but that is another story...) Anyway, I know there are some lethal combinations when it comes to breeding mice, I am just wondering if anyone can help me out a bit with what they are. Also, is there any way (other than breeding her) to know if my yellow girl is recessive or lethal?
Thanks guys!

·
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted
1,162 Posts
Try the fun mouse it has info on Leath yellows and others plus afrma that you could look up the lethels to and see. I know I have yellows but their all safe yellows 2 were told to be to be safes the others i had to wait for a bit none got obece or showed the lethel yellow proablems and then i breed and all came out fine no proablem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, thanks.
I tried the fun mouse, but the forum admin are quite rude there.. Basically I was told if I don't know everything there is to know about mice, I shouldn't own them.... I noticed quite a few other people posting that they felt the same way and how were they to learn if they were judged for asking questions...
The color guide was quite useful though, I am doing as much research as I can too.
Thanks for the reply :)

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
There are several different animal boards where the members are more zealous than welcoming, but usually they have a lot of good info archived if you're willing to search on your own. Fun mouse sounds like one of those. Best for infolurking only.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Most likey your girl is recessive yellow, theres actually not alot of lethal yellows out in the pet world.
Lethal yellows are prone to LOTS of health problems, including being obese.

As for lethal combinations avoide lethal yellows, Dom Reds and sex-linked brindles

You should try:
http://www.fancymicebreeders.com/phpBB3/index.php
Its a UK based forum, but its very helpful and theres lots of people from the US there.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Cut off my list of lethals:
Variegated to Variegated
Rump White to Rump White
Lethal yellow to Lethal Yellow
Sex-linked brindles

Generally alot of the lathals arent in the everyday pet world.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, thanks to all who replied, I do appreciate it :) This forum is so KIND!!! I am definitely going to be checking out all links suggested, I'll be posting photos of my girls and their babies too :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts