Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a few years hopefully I will breed mice again. I am very excited and already obsessing about it. Some new things are occurring to me though. Do you need a breeding license or something like that? Especially if they will be pets only. I used to have a few litters, and never thought about this, but I wasn't selling the mice, and who knows in a few years I might have to sell some of them if I have large litters. If I think of anything else I will post. Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
As far as I know, at least in my area, you don't need a license in order to breed rodents. (Or for that matter, even dogs and cats, actually...) Just make sure you have a lot of space and cages--mice breed lots at a time, and quite quickly! (I found this out very fast when I was breeding a while back!) :D

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I didn't think so, but how bad would that be to not have one if it was needed! I have had three litters before, so I know quite a bit about the little cuties. Me and my friend have lots of cages and we won't breed steadily, I really miss having babies around ]: Already saving up for the costs of bedding and food, :lol:

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Nope.A breeding liscense is not needed to breed mice and rats.

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts