Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a pet mouse, Rosie. About two weeks ago I noticed she had a lump on her backside, quite large. My uncle has had pet mice before and said a lot of them had tumors and that usually they weren't painful and that she may die soon. So i kept an eye on her, she played and ate and drank just fine, and didn't seem to be in any sort of pain at all. Now her body has doubled if not tripled in size and she can barely move. I picked her up and it looks as though her pink skin is almost a blackish color where her size is larger. She lays flat with her back legs out and can only drag herself with her front legs, i've only seen her move inches today and she hasn't eaten or drank anything. Any idea what i could be? She also seems to be breathing very hard and fast.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
You should bring her to a vet asap :(

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Yes, she needs to get to a vet as soon as possible. I doubt she is having any fun at all at this point. Please don't let her suffer and get her to a vet.

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
She needs to be humanely put to sleep at the vets...it shouldn't be expensive as its just a wee mouse, otherwise she could suffer a long and painful time to die with a tumor necrotizing on her body :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts