Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boyfriend and I plan to move into an apartment soon and I am concerned about them refusing us because of my rats. Is there a way that would be most successful? I was going to ask about caged animals and be vague. But I do not want to have them found and have to move ... Any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
just get them to write in your lease that your allowed small pets and whatever other animal (provided they said u where allowed) and then they cant kick you out as you can bring them to court as it is a written contract there is no specifics as to what small pet you can have.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I of course would ask them I am only even looking at places that allow small animals and I will make sure they write it into the lease if it is not.

·
Resident Zoologist
262 Posts
just get them to write in your lease that your allowed small pets and whatever other animal (provided they said u where allowed) and then they cant kick you out as you can bring them to court as it is a written contract there is no specifics as to what small pet you can have.
Actually, not necessarily so...the laws that cover animals and rental leases vary by province/state, and in most cases, contracts must be specific to avoid legal issues. That being said, whatever you do, do not lie about what animals you have (omission/vagueness is fine, so long as you are not asked specifically).

Believe you me, better safe than sorry....a 48 hour eviction notice with nowhere to move is often a nightmare and then some.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I would never lie I would never want to be stuck in my lease and have to get rid of my pets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts