Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had three African Dwarf frogs for almost a week. I've been feeding them fish flakes with a baster and at first my frogs really liked them, but now they aren't eating the fish flakes anymore. I have also tried pellets and sun-dried baby shrimp, but nothing seems to be working. I don't have any substrate so I leave some of the sunken fish flakes on the bottom. Could they be eating those when i'm not watching? Should I try something else? Maybe live brine shrimp? Thanks! :)

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Try frozen bloodworms. :) Most of them love that stuff.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I found a list on the internet:
Live guppy fry : or any type of livebearer fry
Frozen or Freeze Dried Brineshrimp
Frozen or Freeze Dried Bloodworms or Glassworms
HBH Frog and Tadpole Bites
Reptomin
Gammarus
Frozen Beefheart
Frozen or Freeze dried krill or baby shrmp
Earthworms or nightcrawlers choped into small bite sized pieces

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
they are almost blind try feeding them with feeding tongs even though it will take a while to teach them that it means food though. I have also heard a feeding dish helps so their food is always in once place

·
Registered
21 Posts
I never see my frogs eating and I've had them for months. They just seem to really like their privacy :p I'm sure your guys are fine too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, thanks! that's reassuring... the past few days I haven't seen any food at the end of the day so I suppose that means they're eating. Thank you everyone for all your help, I sincerely appreciate it =D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts