Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some new pics of Slinky...enjoy! She's my baby!

·
Registered
525 Posts
She looks great!

I don't know if I could handle her though!!

·
Title Thief Victim
3,089 Posts
Awww she's cute! Does she bite? That's the only thing I would be worried about while holding her...lol

But she's rreeeeeaaalllllllyyyyy cute!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
ohhh wow, how long ago did you get her...how long do they live...cute though!:D

·
Will It Ever Change?
7,346 Posts
lol oh hun, im so glad you love it!!! it's certainly neat, but i could never touch it i dont think.....

·
Guarded by Waffles
2,921 Posts
Im with you, I don't think I could play with it but I'm glad you like it

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!

To answer your questions:
She is about a foot long now.She is full size.The African giant millipede gets to be about 12 inches.I have to add,she is pretty heavy too for a critter!

No,she does not bite.AGM's are very docile creatures and have a mouth similar to that of a grasshopper.

I got her last month.I have been trying for ages to get one,but could never find one and then my friend found one and got it for me and here Slinky is today! :)

AFG millipedes can live up to about 10 yrs,sometimes a little longer.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
oh you mean your Slinky baby!!

Yes...very cute!
I would touch her if i could. I think she would feel neato! :)

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
that is huge i never expected it to be so big. it actually creeps me out a little lol...... and i like bugs
does she have a personality....
if so tell me about it im interested

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Slinky does have personality as far as a bug goes...LOL! Actually millipedes are anthropods (I think I spelled that right).

From all the info I read and other pede owners I have talked to,millipedes often curl into a tight ball when they are picked up.However Slinky has NEVER curled into a ball when I handle her,only when she sleeps does she ball up.She seems to like my hands,as I have a hard time getting her off.She clings on tightly and hates leaving...I have to coax her off with food.

Also she sometimes is a little shy.If someone else looks at her,like family members or other people while I am holding her,she tends to tuck her head down,as if she is bashful.It is quite cute actually.

Other then that,she don't really do much.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Intriguing little critter...she's a beautiful millipede, I've never seen one so big! Ten years is a long life span -- I'd have never guessed she'd live so long. She'd be interesting to hold for sure, though invertibrates aren't really my thing; I tend to prefer owning pets that have a backbone, lol. My old zoology professor would just die though! She would LOVE her, haha :D

·
私は靖巣あな&#
2,904 Posts
Slinky is CUTE!! I hope no accidents wile she was around your neck....was that a hard place to have her on? Kinda hard to coax her off there!!

EDIT...THAT WAS YOUR ARM, :lol:

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
neat!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
WOW I have never seen one before (freaks me out) I've seen little things like that i the garden but I'm Scared of bugs big time i even cant stand a christmas beatle running into me I scream.lol
He looks very nice though. You must have no fear (good on you)

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nikky said:
WOW I have never seen one before (freaks me out) I've seen little things like that i the garden but I'm Scared of bugs big time i even cant stand a christmas beatle running into me I scream.lol
He looks very nice though. You must have no fear (good on you)
Awwwww...I am not afraid of bugs or insects.I love creepy crawlies! :D

·
Registered
479 Posts
I would get the shakes and cry i if slinky was on me.:cry:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts