Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Captain,my biggest rat and the bully.

He only gets along with Thor (his cagemate). Captain no longer can be allowed free range with the other boys because he starts fights with everyone (especially Till...they are enemies). I was considering neutering him (I never neutered any of my rats),but decided at this point I don't need to. He is not aggressive with me or Thor,it is only the other males and I now keep them all separated.

Captain & Thor

Captain chillin' out

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Awww! What a handsome boy! So, he's the bad boy eh? Well I am glad he has Thor to hang out with. It is also thoughtful of you to not have him bullying the other boys during playtime. Very cool. I am sure it keeps Captain happy and your other boys happy! Great pictures, Vanilla. :yes:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
He's cute!! Good thing he has at least one friend that he doesn't actually beat up! :lol:

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone!

Yeah,the only time he bet Thor up was when I had ALL the boys out free range and Captain got very angry and sort of went into a rage and attacked everyone around him,including poor Thor. That was the LAST time I let Captain free range with everyone else and when I started thinking about neutering.

But he's fine now,as long as I don't let any other male around him. He just accepts Thor.
:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
What a giant cutie! He looks so mad in that one picture, lol. I just want to scoop him up.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What a giant cutie! He looks so mad in that one picture, lol. I just want to scoop him up.
Thanks! :)
Yeah,he was mad in a couple of these pictures because it was shortly after a fight. He is totally squishy and kissible though and totally sweet with humans.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Not trying to sound rude at all but he looks sort of greasy... I have never had a male rat, is that normal for them, or is he wet?

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not rude at all.
He is a bit wet in some of these pictures. I was wondering if anyone was going to notice...haha.

That being said,male rats fur is not as soft as females. Males have coarser fur. And that orange-y stuff on them is called "buck grease".

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Actually, Kami cannot have him because I am already making plans to come and get him and take him home with me so I can give him squishy kisses and smooches, right Vanilla? You are okay with that, yes? :D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Ha ha! :D

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hahahaha! Uh oh,so looks like I have to put my ratties in hiding! :D
Captain is not going anywhere! Sorries.
:D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Ha ha, yeah, we know he loves his Mom best. So, I will cancel my kidnapping plans and Kami can cancel her plans as well. ;)

Keep posting those photos though...love em!!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ha ha, yeah, we know he loves his Mom best. So, I will cancel my kidnapping plans and Kami can cancel her plans as well. ;)

Keep posting those photos though...love em!!
Yay! You are always welcome to visit and cuddle him though if you come this way.

I actually have tons of ratty pictures,but never seem to find the time to upload them! I better get on that.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I promise if I am ever in Newfoundland, I will let you know so I can come and visit your babies! We live in Washington State so we are pretty darn far from you, but you never know what will happen in life. Thanks for the invite though! :)

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I promise if I am ever in Newfoundland, I will let you know so I can come and visit your babies! We live in Washington State so we are pretty darn far from you, but you never know what will happen in life. Thanks for the invite though! :)
Your welcome.
And that is true,never know what the future holds.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Haha thanks for not being offended Vanila... I didn't want you to think I was calling your rat dirty! LOL I have never had a male before, but I guess I will learn soon as some of these pups are bound to be boys.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Haha thanks for not being offended Vanila... I didn't want you to think I was calling your rat dirty! LOL I have never had a male before, but I guess I will learn soon as some of these pups are bound to be boys.
No worries at all. I wasn't offended. He is a bit dirty though due to the "buck grease" and he'll get a bath soon.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts