Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
want to get a rabbit and im trying to do some research on them...(im more of a reptile/ferret person lol)..could you give me links to good caresheets/websites for good info on rabbits..also what kind of rabbit would be good for them?what kind of cages do you use?thanks!

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive been reading mostly on that site has some good info.........thanks

· Registered
197 Posts
I have a cubes and coroplast cage and I highly recommend them. Go to www.cavycages.com for ideas. Mine is a 2 x 4 and big enough for Jax to hop around and have fun. Good luck! :)
~Jennifer

· Registered
39 Posts
the main thing is that they get PLENTY of information BEFORE they get the rabbits, I've seen LOTS and LOTS of unwanted bunnies in our shelters in the UK where they have been bought as presents for children, and the children have become bored of them, and then the parents can't be bothered either, so they get dumped :(

Rabbits are long term pets that can live up to 7 years or more, and they need more loving and money than you can actually imagine they need, like all other small pets, they're not just to be put in cages for show, they need exercise, training, love and attention and LOTS and LOTS of hay.

This subject is dear to me because I run my own forum for rabbit and guinea pig owners (in the UK).. and we hear so many times about rabbits needing homes, or rabbits dying because they are just not cared for properly. :(

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
o i know........thats why im researching right?lol...i have a ferret,hamster,dog,6 cats,ball python,1 leopard gecko,2 bearded dragons,pondfish,pondfrogs-tadpoles,and 1 painted turtle and 2 red eared sliders........i love caring for all of them and i would never give them away........

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know if anyone is talking about wanting a reptile(other all reptile forums lol) and theyre talking about getting one soon or dont know how to take care of there pets they already have or ask about breeding theyre pets i make sure i tell them the commitment of the pet and all that stuff lol...........:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.