Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dinky Corsetkisser
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter is an amazing author, she loves to write, and trust me when I say its way beyond her years, she frequents a website called oneword...and this is what she wrote for the word feather...

Feather

I feel like an idiot.

I am sitting on my bed, and there are pillows everywhere. No, I didn't just reenact a passionate love scene, and no, I wasn't sobbing so hard into my pillows that they committed suicide.

But sometimes- only sometimes- I feel like I can't feel anything. I am one insignificant speck floating through the world. I am one girl compared to the 6 billion in the world. I am alone in my search for what I want, and I am alone in my mind at all times.

So I ripped up the pillow, screaming obscenities, speaking like I was breathing, and the way it came naturally to me was embarrassing, even with nobody around but me, myself, and I.

________

To me that is amazing, she hcame up with that and wrote it all in 60 seconds...how amazing is that lol, she also started a website that is so funny, its about all the absolutely wierd, strange and goofy things her and her best friend do on their vacations (idiots on vacation)

I just had to brag, she has alot of her writings bound up in books, they are truely amazing, she wants to be an author one day, and I think she will be an amazing one lol she just blows me away, I mean she is 14 and her writing is better than most adults lol...we have sent some of her short stories in and 2 were published in our local newspaper...ok I am done bragging...thanks for listening to the crazy ramblings of a proud mommmy lol :)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Awww :heart: You guys are so sweet.

I wish Ashley the very best!

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
WOW! :thumbsup:

It's amazing how many college students can barely string together a coherent sentence. Ashley's writing is beautiful, she has a real gift!

·
Dinky Corsetkisser
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you all very much...she truely is amazing, not many kids her age can sit and write a real story, over 200 pages, and have it be truely amazing :) I am just so proud of her talent, she just blows me a way every day

·
Registered
39 Posts
That is very good. Please dont get offended by this: Just a heads up for you, not that I am reading too much into her words...but I wrote something like that when I was her age & it saved me from sucide. Granted mine was a little more in depth, but if you have an open relationship with her maybe find out what it means. NOT TRYINT GO BRING ANYTHING BAD AS HER WRIGHTING SOUNDS GREAT!!!!

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Awww you go ahead and ramble away you proud mommy!
What an amazing little person you have there.
Hug her tightly and always remember to cherish every moment.
They grown up way to fast.

:lovies:

·
Dinky Corsetkisser
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the idea for the short blurb about feather came from a killers song, we are very open, she tells me everything, shares all her writings...she has happy sappy poems as well as depressed sad ones, she writes what she sees, she writes what she imagines, she just writes...thank you for your concern, but shes doing good, shes a happy, healthy 14 year old little girl who cracks me up constantly lol

Thank you Luvy :) trust me I am trying so hard to keep her young lol...I am the lucky parent that still has that strong bond, she still holds my hand in public, still comes to me with everything (as do her friends) and she still wants to hang out with me all the time lol...I consider myself one of the luckiest because she is one of the best :) lol I am such a sappy mommy...right now Ken is reading her idiots on vacation site and laughing very hard outloud...the dogs are looking at him as if hes lost it lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was the same way with my mom & still am. Sorry again if it came off wrong, but I remember that was the only time when I would not talk to my mom & I really regret it to this day. Again it sounds really good!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts