Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thank you so much for all the advice and help you have given me :) and i will certainly check out that website degutopia. thanx again xx
lots of love n kisses
scrappy xx
ninja xx
derek xx and me of course xx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well I just checked http://www.degutopia.co.uk/ and they do recomment the XtraVital Degu food. But what is the %'s of the food. I have found a lot of the chincilla food to mix with Guinea pig food is not that great to feed them. (around here anyways). If you go to the degutopia website they have a list of what the %'s should be for the makings of a good, moderate or bad degu food. The guinea pig food I mix 50/50 with the chincilla food is all good but the chincilla food has one thing moderate and the other 2 good so I think that works for my little gals :) I would check out that website though, I refer to it for everything cause It's so useful :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi Kristen, iv been mixing 50/50 chinchilla food and guinea pig food, they at it but i dont think they love it as much as they love their herb mix i give them that every other day or every other 2 days they go mad for it. :) xx

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hi again, just a quicky lol. i went to the pet shop to get some more sand and the one i normally use they didnt have any, so the assistant said to try dusting powder that is normally used for chinchillas. i was wondering if it would be ok to use it, is a greyish colour?? thank you xx

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Hi again, just a quicky lol. i went to the pet shop to get some more sand and the one i normally use they didnt have any, so the assistant said to try dusting powder that is normally used for chinchillas. i was wondering if it would be ok to use it, is a greyish colour?? thank you xx
Sometimes the powders are dusty and irritating but if it's more sandy than it should be fine :).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I noticed mine do this too, but it's usually around my dust bath bowl so I assume they're using the dust bath that's spilled over the side.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts