Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
my degu's make very looud sounds at night... it does not sound bad or anything but why do they do it?

·
Fertile Myrtle
3,063 Posts
Seeing as how they are nocturnal, I'm guessing unless they're fighting they're just playing and enjoying themselves. My chins tend to make quite a bit of noise at night, as do the jirds.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i think to...my basement is loud at night
the degus are talken
then the 5 cages of chinnies are talken
I just got my degus so i wondered if they were like my chins always makeing there noies at night

The best part is they all have wheels and they all are squeky\
:)

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
My degus are right beside my bed (dumb idea I know) and yes they are quite noisy at night, they run on their wheel for hours. It is just their nature.:) Gotta love them though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine take advantage of the quiet night to gnaw on their wood things just as loudly as they can!!! I can't believe how much noise they can make, either chewing or rearranging their furniture. But you're right, ya gotta love 'em!!!
Susan

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chingina said:
HI
my degu's make very looud sounds at night... it does not sound bad or anything but why do they do it?
When did you get degus Gina?!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THAT IS SO TRUE! they seem like they are never asleep and when i walk by they do that to..... mine just want treats b/c there spoiled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts