Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new here to this forum.

I have 2 dogs at home ( an 11-year-old mini schnautzer and a one-year-old Chihuahua). My mini schnautzer has been with us since she was a poppy and she's very much loved and I love her more than she'll ever know.

Recently according to my vet she'd developed a severe infection in her uterus and she had to go under an emergency surgery (complete hysterectomy). I cried when we went to pick her up because they scared me at the vet after I'd paid my bill they said "someone will come out to talk to you".) She came out rather ok but she gave us quiet a scare and a few sleepless nights. Now she seems better but my husband walked her outside in the darkness and he heard her scream and then she started limping. Now she does not lift her back right leg at all.

I checked the leg (but I am not a vet) to me it seems fine but it's been 2 days and same, no improvement.

My vet is charging crazy fees and I already paid $1000 for the surgery and he charged an extra $32 when I had some concerns about her belly and took her there so he could check and see her temperature. I am kinda waiting for her leg to get better, but it's still the same and I don't have any funds atm and not sure how I am gonna pay for the vet if he'll decide to do an x-ray and some other tests.....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
I'm so sorry you're dealing with all this :( Nothing is more painful than watching your best friend fall ill. I sincerely hope it gets better. Maybe you could look for another vet? Or explain to your current vet that you're concerned it could be because of the surgery and that you cannot pay for another xray. Ask him if he would kindly refer any charges to a bill you can pay down. Vets know they have a business to run but they also know the owners of sick animals are not made of money nor do they want to see their pet suffer.

All the best, and I hope you all pull through :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Yes, look for a better vet, you can go to local shelter and ask for recommendation. Sending hugs and prayers for her recovery, it is really heartbreaking especially having her for all this time and I'm sorry.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear that. Maybe shop around for a more affordable vet. I drive roughly 45 minutes to an hour to a vet further out just because she is way more affordable than what I would have to pay in the cities. I hope it all works out for you and your doggy. <3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts