Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 1/2 month old DDB that has started throwing up and eating VERY little! She also has red bumps on her stomach. I am a new DDB owner, so I don't know much about what could be wrong with her. We took her to the vet last night and they gave us a pill to help with her digestive tract but she threw that up too!:confused: Does anyone have a DDB that has had this problem or could offer some advice? I am very worried. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
perhaps call the vet and explain that she cant keep the pills down or bring her to another vet for a second opinon

·
Registered
82 Posts
Strange, I know I replied to this but the reply is not showing up.

You definitely need to call the vet back to see about getting some medicine that she can keep down, whether it's via injection or suppository. Dogs can get dehydrated very quickly, so you want to make sure you act sooner as opposed to later. Good luck and let us know how she's doing!

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Aw, I hope she's okay. (DDB have become one of my fave breeds) I don;t know what it could be, look up other mastiff illnesses. In the meantime, maybe call the breeder and the vet back. Keep her hydrated with a syringe of water if she's throwing up and has diarrhea. (ALSO I WOULD LOOOOOOOVE TO SEE PICS OF YOUR GORGEOUS DOGUE!)

·
Registered
802 Posts
That sounds alarming, hope you taken her to the vet immediately. I second that photos of her..

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
That sounds like a possible allergic reaction but I agree, she needs a vet. How is she doing now?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts