Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought 4 feeder mice from petco to keep as pets. The cage I have is two crittertrails connected together. One is the three story one. There is one mouse who keeps fighting with all the other ones. Is there any way I can keep them together without them fighting?

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
Is the cage at least the size of a ten gallon or smaller with multi levels? Also does each mouse have an area that can be just theirs? Generally you wold want 1 community house and a territory per mouse. This way they can get alone time if needed. A territory can be anything from anohter house to a tube or tunnell etc. Also do they have a wheel and any stimulation? Is there a chance any of them are male or pregnant?

·
Mouse Obsessor
287 Posts
I had 4 females living together once and one day 3 of them mauled the smallest one. I got her her own cage but they did manage to rip her ears off. They were in a 20 gallon long tank.
It could be something is wrong with your setup. Or, like Mousey said, you could have a pregnant mouse or a secret male.
But sometimes you can come acrossed just a plain mean mouse.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
you only need to seperate if they are drawing blood otherwise small squabbles are normal. How big is your cage? Usually mice are fine? Maybe you have a bully? Try watching their habits

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
you only need to seperate if they are drawing blood otherwise small squabbles are normal. How big is your cage? Usually mice are fine? Maybe you have a bully? Try watching their habits
I agree with this. Unless there is blood shed,it could be just dominance. Female mice normally get along really well,but like all family members/friends...sometimes they have little squabbles.

That being said I did once have a very dominant,female mouse who was a bully with every other mouse she met to the point she would cause them to bleed. She eventually had to live on her own.

Make sure there is enough room/space and wheels for the mice. And keep your eye on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts