Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little girl, Princess is going to have "piglets" with my little boy, Dynamite. My family and I just started breeding guiena pigs. I know this isnt the Classifieds section, but I mainly made this thread in joy that we are going to have little piglets! I am studying up on it. PS I know baby guiena pigs are not called piglets, but that is what I like to call them.

· Registered
1,548 Posts
i like the piglets nickname
that is too cool
i want to breed degus i have two pet stores lined up already that want to cary them and buy them from me

· Registered
2,253 Posts
Im not even going to say what I want to say. I hope that you will read over these links though.

Guinea Lynx :: Breeding

Breeding Guinea Pigs

Make sure that you remove the father immediatly because he can back breed the mother right after she gives birth.

Also, make sure you remove any male babies at 3 weeks of age. They will be able to impregnate their mom after 3 weeks.

· Registered
521 Posts
are you a registed breeder.

good luck hope all goes well:)

· Registered
2,229 Posts
ok..so you breed your pigs without any prior knowledge? why? not to be mean, but do you already have potential owners set up? and dont just give them away, bc they will most likely be snake food...i hope everything goes well..let us know

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well we got our baby's from a breeder/friend that is going to help us. But we have done lots of research on the web ,books and other breeders. There has to be a first time for everything. Sorry I didnt enclude much in the first post.....

· Registered
484 Posts
Skratikans said:
ok..so you breed your pigs without any prior knowledge? why? not to be mean, but do you already have potential owners set up? and dont just give them away, bc they will most likely be snake food...i hope everything goes well..let us know
I know she already posted, its being approved by the administators since she is new, but I do know she knows a lot of guiena pigs, she AND her family. They have been owning guiena pigs for years.

· Registered
484 Posts
Skratikans said:
Ok, I know a lot about her since she is my best friend and I helped her make her webiste which contains a lot of info I learned about it and I think you want her to answer it herself but I just want to say their guiena pigs are like $60 each, when you could get feeder guiena pigs for way cheaper so they arent going to end up snake food and I know she has some owners set up cuz I helped her find them too, not that she doesnt know how herself :D Cuz she couldve...lol..I would post her website but I am still making some moderate changes to it for her since I am like...the creator of it and stuff except she sent me the info and stuff but I picked the design :D When I do post it when its done tell me what you think!!

· Registered
2,253 Posts
What about the thousands of homeless guinea pigs? Breeding adds to the overwhelming pet overpopulation. Guinea pigs are euthanized everyday because there are not enough homes.

What about all the risks involved with pregnancy? I don't understand why anyone would want to put their pets lives in danger. I guess back yard breeders, such as yourselves, are only in it for the money.

· Registered
521 Posts
Ambieruns10 said:
What about the thousands of homeless guinea pigs? Breeding adds to the overwhelming pet overpopulation. Guinea pigs are euthanized everyday because there are not enough homes.

What about all the risks involved with pregnancy? I don't understand why anyone would want to put their pets lives in danger. I guess back yard breeders, such as yourselves, are only in it for the money.
i agree with every thing you say

(AND NO TO BACK YARD BREEDING)

· Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter
6,703 Posts
Hey guys, please keep it civil.

I realize that alot of people here are passionate about rescue and not breeding but the orginal poster is not asking for your opinions on that. The guinea pig is already expecting so now is not the time for lecturing. How about you help educate on feeding, pregnancy, and what to do to help the little ones thrive instead of trying to make her feel bad?

Thank you. :)

· Registered
118 Posts
Thanks Scarlette! I'm glad to see moderators on a site that try to keep the peace. It can be a really hot topic, but it's important to remember that everyone has to make thier own choices and explaining your position instead of attacking someone for their decisions usually brings a better reaction. On most of the forums that I have belonged to, the fear of being flamed for something they say is truely what keeps people from posting and keeping forums active. Good luck with the baby guinea pigs. I hope all goes well!

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Scarlette said:
Hey guys, please keep it civil.

I realize that alot of people here are passionate about rescue and not breeding but the orginal poster is not asking for your opinions on that. The guinea pig is already expecting so now is not the time for lecturing. How about you help educate on feeding, pregnancy, and what to do to help the little ones thrive instead of trying to make her feel bad?

Thank you. :)
Thank you Scarlette !

I Know about the overpopulation and how many millions of animal are put to sleep everyday because poeple just put them in animal shelters becuase they are to lazy to either take care of them or to find them new homes. We are not going to just give them to anyone. In fact I have two poeple that all ready say they want one. Plus, Bre may take one but she hasnt decided yet. Also, anyone that takes one of the babies have to agree that if they can no longer keep there pets that they come straight back to us. I am not leting any of them go to just anyone. I have had a guine a pig that came from a shelter as a baby. I am not going to let any animal in my care ever end up like the poor animals in the shelter.

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kalilady said:
Thanks Scarlette! I'm glad to see moderators on a site that try to keep the peace. It can be a really hot topic, but it's important to remember that everyone has to make thier own choices and explaining your position instead of attacking someone for their decisions usually brings a better reaction. On most of the forums that I have belonged to, the fear of being flamed for something they say is truely what keeps people from posting and keeping forums active. Good luck with the baby guinea pigs. I hope all goes well!
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.