Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a good thing I have lovely sweet cuddly kissy boy rats, or I might be over rats this week. My girls are driving me nuts!

Right now I have seven of them together in a huge ferret kingdom cage with slides and ramps, I mean it's pretty deluxe. But they are such butt heads. They are fighting constantly. There seem to be ratty gang wars going on. The two PEWs gang up together against the dumbo hooded twins and the literally do partners brawling while Gretel, Muffin, and Rusty stand off to a corner and watch. And I don't know what's going on. It sounds horrible from the next room. There's rattie screaming, and scratching, and thudding, and squeaking. I'll run in there because it sounds like somebody got their throat cut and then got thrown off the top level or something, but when I go in there they all just look up like, "what?" I'll take them out and check them over and no one has a scratch on them. What the heck! It's every night, and it's hard to sleep through.

Then the same bunch of rats are such jerks when it's time to clean or feed or water in there. The little boogers actually tag team me. One of them will run up my arm or act like something's wrong or nibble my finger to get my attention and then while I'm yelling at that one 5 or 6 others sneak out the bottom of the door around me. While I'm catching some, others get back out. They are impossible. I know one of the wonderful things about rats is how smart they are, but a pet can be too smart!

Last night just to remind myself I like rats I had to pull Figgie out and cuddle him for a while. He's by far my sweetest baby. He never wonders off to explore when he's out he just cuddles and kisses and bruxes.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Hahahaha! Sounds like when I had a bunch of girlies.
The girls can be worse then tha boys sometimes!! :hehe:

·
Dinky Gerbilelbow
2,425 Posts
OMG i so know what you mean lol girls are all like that i think! I currently have 7 girls living together too but they dont fight hardly ever but they do all gang up on me and give me the run around!!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've had the same problem with girls before. They can be soooo bad, little buggers, now my boys are turbo hyper as well. The fighting must drive you bonkers, I know I would lose it!

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Hahaha, makes me appreciate my boys. They are soooo lazy! I babysat my friend's girls (two of them) for a week and they were quite the handful compared to my boys.

·
Zippy Chickenshorts
1,762 Posts
LOL, WOW, and there's me thinking girls would be better than boys!
Sounds like they are quite a lot of trouble hehehe
Bet they make you giggle inside though HAHA
xxxx

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
I love my girly...but I totally prefer boysies.

·
Will It Ever Change?
7,346 Posts
lol. they sound really smart. just think ahead of them. like, do the food adn water while they're sleeping? and when you clean the cage, put them all in the bathroom to run around. you'll figure it out :) we're smarter than them!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
They're plotting against you. Better watch out -- they might figure out how you open that latch and crawl on you in your sleep! lol

I miss my girlies. They were so much fun. I miss having a lot of rats that would plot against me and wait for the moment I'd open that cage door, or squish 5 rats into one corner to make sure they got their treat before the other lol.

Like the saying goes. The more the merrier~
Thanks for sharing your story. It made me smile :).

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[QUOTE you'll figure it out :) we're smarter than them!![/QUOTE]

I used to think that. I'm really not so sure now, but thanks for the words of encouragement!:D

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
I used to have a female rat that outsmarted me alot...so I also think they can be smarter then us at times!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts