Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very worried about my almost two year old pandabear hamster, All of a sudden I noticed that one of her eyelids is swollen (Not completely, but like halfway) Could it be an eye infection? Will she be ok? Do I need to get her medicine, and what kind. .Or should she see the vet? Please help.

·
Zippy Chickenshorts
1,762 Posts
Don't be to worried, things like this heal up fast, especially with small animals. If I were you, I'd get some cotton wool and damp in with warm water, than gently dab it on your hamsters eye, so that it doesn't crust up and stick together. If the eye doesn't get any better, than take your hamster to the vet as it could be an infection or maybe she has something in her eye that needs to come out.
Check that she is eating normally and drinking normally and if she is than thats a good sign that she'll recover, but if she is stopping eating and drinking, take her straight to the vet.
Good luck to you and your hammie!
xx

·
Registered
525 Posts
it could be anything and nothing.. do as suggested. If it persists, see a vet. He/she may prescribe some eye drops, like chloramphenicol, which will heal it pretty fast..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.