Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 3:30 this morning, Ella (my hamster) was playing around in her glass cage as normal. But, this time she decides to use her teeth to scrach at the adhesive glue and tear it away. She has other chew things but, I am afraid that she might have eaten it, because I cannot find it in her corner. Not even little peices. Can she get sick from the adhesive glue? :(:confused: What should I do?

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
Many hamsters do the same. I am not sure if it is toxic, but it seems to happen a lot. Watch her for abnormal behaviors, specifically like refusing to eat, refusing to drink, or a bloated, hard - to - the - touch belly. If she gets an obstruction in her abdomen, you will know by feeling the tummy.

Other than that, it just seems like boredom to me. And I bet you wonder "how could it be boredom with all the toys I have provided?" .. well, some hamsters like certain toys, so you may need to keep trying. Other hamsters need more time out with you, or in an exercise ball.... Or, their home is too small.

If you are willing, increase the hamster's floor space to more than 360 square inches. This seems like a ton of space, and certainly more than what store-bought hamster cages provide, but increasing the space at which your hamster can run around GREATLY improves behavior and boredom. 20 gallon tanks are the MINIMUM recommended for hamsters, but always, always shoot for above the minimum if possible.

Measure the square inches of floor space... if it is well below 360 inches, then you have some work to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If the glue are normally harmful to the body, this might be happened due to less space in the hamster house. If it is there provide the large space.
And if she had eaten it don't get panic, if she start refusing the food or water then there will be some problem. So until then keep it normal, if it happened immediately take him to vet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts