Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
233 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Mer 
#1 ·
Hello everyone.
I found this site as I was scouring the internet in search of information and a group for Egyptian Spiny Mice! We are a family of pet lovers and have just adopted 2 Egyptian Spiny Mice that someone was rehoming on CraigsList.
We currently have 7 dogs, a cat, 3 fish tanks, and 2 Spiny Mice now! Yes, our vet bills, meds, food, and supplies for the animals are crazy but worth every cent! We purchased an RV so most of our pets travel across the country with us every spring, summer and fall. Let the Quest for a Cage begin. I have a list of cages, prices, and read reviews. I will share the list with anyone interest when completed. If you have info to share or any advise please do so I would love to hear from everyone!
Over the years I have had: Snakes, turtles, a teddy bear hamster, birds (Moluccan cockatoo, spot-billed toucanette, blue front Amazon, sunburst conure, hand raised love bird, and a parakeet), a ferret, gerbils, rats, and several types of fish.
I thought I wanted to be a vet when I was little. I grew up and found vets see more sick and dying animals than healthy ones. I learned how to groom (dogs, cats, rabbits, and help friends with their horses!). We ran a 6 run kennel at our home. We worked with 5 of the local animal rescue groups as foster homes for dogs and puppies in the kennel and I have bottle fed over a dozen abandoned kittens from a day old +.
I love to research everything from animals to psychology and willing to help anyone anytime I can. I look forward to learning from the forums and meeting other animal lovers.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum, Mer. With your experience and interests, you will no doubt be a valuable resource for the members and guests on this forum.

Cool how you travel with your pets. Great idea. I too have quite a few pets – degus, cats, and budgies right now but I have also had experience with gerbils, mice, finches, lizards and fish. And, yup, I know all about the vet bills, food/housing costs and then all of the time it takes to care for them all but I love them all and enjoy almost every minute of it. My thing: I adopt abandoned small animals and birds from our local animal shelter and provide them with a loving forever home.

#3 ·
16degus,
Thank you for the warm welcome. I have yet to own a degu or sugar glider. It is awesome you rescue. I am pretty full right now, but you know how that goes. You get a call or see an ad someone needs to rehome... :)
Looking forward to collecting as much information about as many animals as I can!
Mer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.