Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A breeder freind of mine had some babies up for adoption and I could not resist and she had a few that she had breed prioir to that that I wanted and breed them to certion males for me and suprised me with them. I had ben bugging her that while holding them I was gonna take them and that I wanted to breed some females when I got femals with hers that trow nice teddys and abbys.
And then another came from a home were she was fighting with there one female but she is doing great here and she is a fat pig but so sweet with out further adue here are my new piglests.

This Black Beautie was the one that was fighting with other pigs. we called her Mossad Officer Ziva David (zivz for short

KK Candy Cane (Kate from NCIS) DLCR PEW American. She is so sweet.

KK Smukers (Sweet Pee) DLCR Silk female

Dont be fooled this is not a ground hog lol

KK Cookie (Twilight) DLCR abby silver Agouti

KK Snicker Doodle DLCR female long haird (con) Tortishell with white

KK Carmel Corn (Petty Coat Junktion) DLCR male (con) Turtie shell with white.
Well thats all of them. Oh they are so fluffly and cute.

·
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so I got 2 more, they are not ready yet but I got pictures of them, I just have to wait till they can come home with me.
They were named after sweets and are from the same person I got the others from. KK

Bannana Split female and Root Beer Float Male

This is them just about 2 hours after being born.

Bannanas Only white mark

she is shy

just look at that face she is so calm

root beer float is a little more skidish

he looks so cute

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Very cute! Especially the little babies, so small!
I love the coloring of Candy Corn.
But I also agree with Kayla...

·
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks But here I have not seen any in my surounding area or here in shelters. Maybe in new youk state and newyourk city but not here.
I also just sold 2 of my piglets that I breed yesterday that were ready and I have orders for piglets and so dose my friend who breeds them, Pluse we always advertize on our sites to check out local shelters near them to adopt the type of pet they are looking for 1st.
I am not going to start and argument on this but in my area there is none and if there are there few and far between and ushally get adopted out around here fairly quickly more so then rats or mice do. And I and my freind also plan on showing are pigs at 2 fairs maybe 3 this year depends on if the run and over lap each other like they did last year.
Diamond

·
Rodentologist
1,941 Posts
Diamond there are multiple guinea pig rescues in PA and they are full:

Furry Friends Guinea Pig Rescue
411 Palmers Lane
Wallingford, PA 19086
(610) 565-5571
[email protected]

Wheek Care Guinea Pig Rescue
514 Arizona Drive
Lower Burrell, PA 15068
(724) 448-2107

There is also ABC Small Animal Rescue, Piggie Lovers Inc, and Starfish to the Sea. On Petfinder there are also multiple SPCAs and shelters with guinea pigs. Only in your mind are there no homeless pigs in your state. Just because there's not a homeless animal within five minutes of where you are doesn't mean there aren't any. Look on Petfinder -- there are plenty. Rescues commonly go to shelters and get as many of them as possible because most shelters don't have the capacity or supplies to house them. And most of them will adopt to quite a large area. Our rescue adopts to all of NC and SC.

·
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
again those places are not near me and are in big areas. we are in a small area and there are not ANY close to me. and all my pigs have homes and i have orders as in people on a waiting list.
I am not having this decusing I have heard what you said and if I want to brees then I will and 2 I never said I was breeding them all I might only have a slect few that I want. Point of the post was in intro my pigs now I am not going to have you or anyone start again on one of my post complaning or which ever you want call it or try to edjucate me.
I introde my pigs and that is all I am not going threw this again like i did tattoie. So say what you want but I am not even gonna reply I am gonna keep posting my pigglets ecnore you and others that are ridiculing me and say you are trying to help me. If I need your help I'll ask if I want edgucated I will seek advice from pig breeders and for your info I am being mentored by 2 reputable pig breeders.
But thanks for the complaments on my pigs and when I get time I will get more of all I have as in more of the new ones and my older ones.

·
Rodentologist
1,941 Posts
I hope they're more reputable than the rabbit breeder feeding her breeding does the dog biscuits.

To everyone else, what Diamond believes isn't true. Most rescues work a very large area. As I said, we're in NC, and we adopt to all of NC. I drive 2-3 hours to do adoptions just about every weekend.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
The only small animal rescue in my entire province will cater and drive animals to new homes and vets and such b/c it's alot better to do that then to let someone but from a store.
Diamond, the pics are cute, but I think you should lay off the breeding.

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
Out of curiosity Diamond (not trying to start a fight) how many different animals do you breed?

I have counted
-rats
-mice
-guinea pigs
-gerbils
-cats

·
I am allergic to maths
1,318 Posts
Also, is that you holding the pigs? You should NEVER hold them like that. You need to support their bottoms, not just dangle them.

·
Rodentologist
1,941 Posts
I think those are from the breeder because the babies still have the dried umbilical cords on their undersides -- they're probably about a week old there and too young to be away from mom.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Your pigs are cute.There is no denying that.

The only small animal rescue in my entire province will cater and drive animals to new homes and vets and such b/c it's alot better to do that then to let someone but from a store.
Diamond, the pics are cute, but I think you should lay off the breeding.
Exactly! The ONLY small animal rescue here is in Lethbridge,NL...that is out of my city (St.Johns).However I adopted 4 guinea pigs and a rat from them and I am also fostering two rats for them now and they managed to get them all to me.

With rescues,they will do all they can to make sure the animals go to new,good homes and that includes driving/shipping/transporting them for hours if they have to.

The beagle rescue here I am involved with adopts beagles out ALL over Canada.

So all in all,you don't have an excuse.

·
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I breed becuase I want to the 2 new pigs were just born they are only a couple hours old.
I breed rats, mice, gerbils, dwarf hamsters, amd pigs NOT CATs that was a boo boo and was fixed. thank you.
and thouse place are in or near philly that is about 3 to 4 hours away. but oh well belive what you want.
and no his paw is on my thumb his head is over it, also I didnt say I was breeding them all either.
And each of the ones I breed I breed at differnt times, mice and dwarf and gerbils dont require as much as rats and pigs.
please if you have something to say PM this is to show my pigs off not start stuff.
Also the rabit breeder was out in Texas and that was when I was little if you would listen and read. I was like 5 when they started that. I am 27 know. I breed rabbits for 10 years with them rex, flemish, lops, and siames or californains. we called them siamese. When I came in here I said I was a breeder and pet owner, I breed pets that are healthy and well tempered and people come to me insted of a pet store were they are sick and not cared for. but any way I am gonna take more pics after while and post them later.

·
I am allergic to maths
1,318 Posts
Because YOU WANT to. Do you see how selfish that sounds? Firstly, you already breed so many other animals, why do you need to breed pigs to? Did you correct your freind on the way she held her pigs? I doubt it since you held them the same way. If you cant even hold the pig properly are you responsible enough to breed them? I dont even see how wanting to is a legitimate reason for breeding. It is just totally uncessary. I do admit your pigs are cute, maybe we can take this debate somwhere else?

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Doesnt matter where the debates happen., Diamond NEVER reads them with any thought. I think she's selfish and using the plight of animals to fund her own poor excuses.

***** Oh and update, Kayla, She also is planning on breeding her new Flemish Giant Rabbit -_-

Diamond, This forum supports RESONSIBLE breeders who specialize in carrying the pure genes of one or 2 species of animal. You breed several different kinds of animals entirely : lagamorph, rodent, mammal ...... There's no WAY you are specialized in all of them. So this is why we keep telling youthings you dont want to hear. We're trying to help you see what your doing from a responsible point of view that what your doing is milling your animals for profit because you like to see baby animals and you like to make a quick dollar by telling people your better than a pet store. Where do pet stores get their animals? They get them from large suppliers who breed more than one kind of animal without a care for the lines or genetics or even simply researching the species. How are you better than a pet store? Because all the money you make comes directly to you and people see it as a home-based environment so it must be good. ...... Really, I think you need to grow up and stop thinking about yourself. The world is a much bigger place than that.

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
Doesnt matter where the debates happen., Diamond NEVER reads them with any thought. I think she's selfish and using the plight of animals to fund her own poor excuses.

***** Oh and update, Kayla, She also is planning on breeding her new Flemish Giant Rabbit -_-

Diamond, This forum supports RESONSIBLE breeders who specialize in carrying the pure genes of one or 2 species of animal. You breed several different kinds of animals entirely : lagamorph, rodent, mammal ...... There's no WAY you are specialized in all of them. So this is why we keep telling youthings you dont want to hear. We're trying to help you see what your doing from a responsible point of view that what your doing is milling your animals for profit because you like to see baby animals and you like to make a quick dollar by telling people your better than a pet store. Where do pet stores get their animals? They get them from large suppliers who breed more than one kind of animal without a care for the lines or genetics or even simply researching the species. How are you better than a pet store? Because all the money you make comes directly to you and people see it as a home-based environment so it must be good. ...... Really, I think you need to grow up and stop thinking about yourself. The world is a much bigger place than that.

Well said

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts

Very well said! Couldn't of said it any better.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts