Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I got, Eva, when her eyes had barely been opened for 4 days. a local rattery had closed and were going to euthanize any of the rats they couldn't get rid of. I started feeding her milk and doing everything I needed to do. She is amazing. She has the best personality, she listens to her name, she's fun...but now all of a sudden as her tail gets longer and her hair matures she's a little more reluctant to get out of her cage to go to her play area. Once she is out she is totally happy, runs around and on me...etc. This is COMPLETELY new, though, and what do I do if it gets worse?? She usually listens so well we call her our "nugget dog!"

Is this just a glimpse of what I'm going to get from ADULT Eva, rather than the little nugget I know and love? I don't know whether it's a negative or positive, I just know that it is completely different.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Does she have a buddy? Rats can get really depressed living alone, they're v. v. social and NEED a companion to snuggle, groom and play with. Her attitude could be changing because she is lonely. Lots of people think that having TWO rats would make them less social, as they don't rely on their human, but it's actually the opposite! Rats thrive when living in groups and, being happier, they are more likely to get to know and love their human. Just a thought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts