Bliz a female blizzard leopard gecko

Charlie a female highyellow/carrottail leopard gecko

Sesshomaru a male albino leopard gecko

sunshine a female carrottail leopard gecko

Rex a male patternless x albino leopard gecko

noname a mack snow female leopard gecko

Ekans a male ball python

Kiba a female red tail boa with her 1year birthday turkey baby

Egor a citrus male bearded dragon. I saved him. He has a calcium problem so his back is shaped like a S

Chaos a orange sandfire female bearded dragon, she is digging in the sand to lay eggs. This is a 09 photo.

Dragunz a male citrus sandfire, sleeping in his bowl lol

Taz a orange sandfire x citrus sandfire bearded dragon, His mom was Chaos and dad was Dragunz. He was saved from a fire and gave back to me.

Frosty, a male snow/sunburst bearded dragon

They wont let me post more than 15 pics so i got to post rest in a sec

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Nice! I love them!
I used to have a couple of leos,one was a blizzard and the other was a "normal".I love beardies and snakes!

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Wow, LOVE your beardies!!!
Why is the turkey rainbow? Did your boa eat it? Poor little guy!

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
I like the no name gecko! Really pretty :)
Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry, but the poor turkey makes me really sad :(

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
I know that snakes gotta eat... But thats really sad! :(

·
Rep Lover
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i guess you can think of it this way, so many turkey and chicken die each day to feed human... At least this turkey had a good life before the end. Most chicken and turkey never have a life before there killed for human food.

i only eat farm chicken and turkey from my friends farm. I dont buy any bird from a store no more.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Do you raise/breed your own food for your snake?
Im vegetarian, so maybe I think its sadder than most people would LOL.
And do you breed your beardies?Just wondering, cause you have so many! Theyre all super pretty! I love luecistics, and I really want one. You so luch to have all those beardies!
I have a little 8 month old beardie named Wink that I rescued. They have quite the little personalities!

·
Rep Lover
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Do you raise/breed your own food for your snake?
And do you breed your beardies?Just wondering, cause you have so many! Theyre all super pretty! I love luecistics, and I really want one. You so luch to have all those beardies!
I have a little 8 month old beardie named Wink that I rescued. They have quite the little personalities!
Yep i breed my own food for my pets. I breed hissing roaches, meal worms and mice.

I also breed leopard geckos and bearded dragons and zebra finches. Only thing is i only have 2 female dragons right now that can breed. And i only have 2 female leo's i can breed at moment. Out of all of them lol. also the luecistic dragon I only paid 70 for him at a rep show :D I want a female to pair with him but all i can find is ones around 200 and im like WOW to high lol so im going to go to a rep show in a few months..

OOHHH your vegetarian i see. I try my best to not eat so much meat. Just like i said about the birds, I only get my bird from a friends farm. And i only eat fish i catch. I dont even like beef or pork unless its from my friend. I hate store's and how they get there food cause of how the animal died :(...

Do you feed live all the time?
No, mice i prekill. Chickens i most of the time prekill and freeze them for latter. Some times when i get fresh chicks or turkey i feed one or two to Kiba than prekill and freeze the rest for latter. But with mice i always prekill. When i was a young kid i fed a live mouse to my BP and left the room. I was so young i did not know the mouse could do any harm. And when i came back my BP was dead and the mouse was eatting him. So i Always prekill mice.

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
Yep i breed my own food for my pets. I breed hissing roaches, meal worms and mice.

I also breed leopard geckos and bearded dragons and zebra finches. Only thing is i only have 2 female dragons right now that can breed. And i only have 2 female leo's i can breed at moment. Out of all of them lol. also the luecistic dragon I only paid 70 for him at a rep show :D I want a female to pair with him but all i can find is ones around 200 and im like WOW to high lol so im going to go to a rep show in a few months..

OOHHH your vegetarian i see. I try my best to not eat so much meat. Just like i said about the birds, I only get my bird from a friends farm. And i only eat fish i catch. I dont even like beef or pork unless its from my friend. I hate store's and how they get there food cause of how the animal died :(...

No, mice i prekill. Chickens i most of the time prekill and freeze them for latter. Some times when i get fresh chicks or turkey i feed one or two to Kiba than prekill and freeze the rest for latter. But with mice i always prekill. When i was a young kid i fed a live mouse to my BP and left the room. I was so young i did not know the mouse could do any harm. And when i came back my BP was dead and the mouse was eatting him. So i Always prekill mice.

That's good. It seems that a lot of reptiles don't understand the dangers of live foods, plus the cruelty and suffering that the food item suffers.

·
Rep Lover
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's good. It seems that a lot of reptiles don't understand the dangers of live foods, plus the cruelty and suffering that the food item suffers.

yep, i work at a pet shop here and every time a person comes in to buy live mice i always tell them about prekilling and why you should. Shoot i think im the only person here at this pet shop that gives out good info <_<....

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
yep, i work at a pet shop here and every time a person comes in to buy live mice i always tell them about prekilling and why you should. Shoot i think im the only person here at this pet shop that gives out good info <_<....

Not many people at pet stores know what they are talking about... only a rare few are actually knowledgeable.

·
Rep Lover
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not many people at pet stores know what they are talking about... only a rare few are actually knowledgeable.
sooo true. I even had one time where there were a few family's in the shop and i was telling info to one group and than after i was done they were walking around, and i over heard another family softly tell the family i talked to "dont lisen to her pet shop ppl dont know nothing about the care of a pet they just tell you so they can make a sale"

I did not say nothing but it did make me mad.... even tho i do know alot of pet shop ppl dont know what there talking about <_<.. its just so crazy now of days.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Ugh...MOST people in pet stores these days are really stupid! :rolleyes: It is sad that a lot of people DO listen to what the pet store tells them...

I am vegetarian too,but have nothing against meat or people who wanna eat it.Also not against feeding reptiles.Thats just MY opinion though.

Sorry off topic.

·
Rep Lover
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ugh...MOST people in pet stores these days are really stupid! :rolleyes: It is sad that a lot of people DO listen to what the pet store tells them...

I am vegetarian too,but have nothing against meat or people who wanna eat it.Also not against feeding reptiles.Thats just MY opinion though.

Sorry off topic.

its fine if you go off topic lol i dont mind at all :)

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
sooo true. I even had one time where there were a few family's in the shop and i was telling info to one group and than after i was done they were walking around, and i over heard another family softly tell the family i talked to "dont lisen to her pet shop ppl dont know nothing about the care of a pet they just tell you so they can make a sale"

I did not say nothing but it did make me mad.... even tho i do know alot of pet shop ppl dont know what there talking about <_<.. its just so crazy now of days.

98% of all animal crultey intendional or not is caused by misimformation and human stupitity.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Wow, a leucistic for $70?! Thats a bargin, LOL!
IMO its better if people raise their own live food, sine that way you know how it was treated and where it came from.
Do you breed the hissers for your beardies? I was thinking about breeding some for my little guy, since he has become pretty picky about his food. Ive always wanted some as pets anyway, LOL. And I would really like a leo gecko in the near future, so it would be nice if I could just breed my own food for them...
I know Dubia roaches are pretty popular too, but the wings creep me out.
Anyway, Im glad you know your stuff when it comes to reptiles. There are SO many stupid people out there that dont know anything, and the animals suffer... Like your poor little citrus baby! Hes super cute, BTW. I could look at beardies all day LOL. Im on vacation right now, and I miss my little guy!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.