Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Aww, what a sweetie! Machiatto is adorable! Thanks for the photos!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah but she felt bad cause she thought he would be loney and friendless during the introduction to my older rats so she got him 2 younger rats to live with, and he is trying to hump them. is that normal, they are all boys??

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Your wife is right, rats do get lonely and depressed if they are alone so it was nice of her to want him to have company. I know there are all sorts of different things that rats do during the "getting to know you" phase with other rats, and I believe I remember that humping a bit on other rats is something people have mentioned before on this forum. You will probably get other replies to confirm this, as I am definitely no expert on introductions!
But I am almost positive that this behavior is nothing to worry about. If am wrong, someone correct me, okay? :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah she is trying to introduce them so far they have done good with little fights, i got a brand new cage a big one for them all if they can live together once the whole introduction is finished, the baby rats are from 2 different pet stores so im sure they aren't from the same litter, but they are sharing a cage right now and are playing and sharing food so i dont think they will be a problem and we put them in a big tough box as their neutral area i got pictures of all them in there im about to put up

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Congratulations! They are adorable! And yes, some humping is common in introductions, as they are establishing dominance. As long as no one draws blood, it should be okay. Just make sure to always supervise them when they are together. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts