Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice, we move may 13th and believe me I CAN NOT WAIT! but mean while im at my moms 2 weeks a month because i dont feel safe at our house since our neighbour tried to kick down our door and a few other insidences.

Well my moms borrowing my house for the weekend which i think is pretty awsome since shes agoraphobic and has trouble getting out of the house shes having a girl weekend. but anyways

3 times today while she was there diffrent people tried to get into my house everytime she opens the door they run. shes called the cops but the cops cant do anything because she doesnt get a good enough look at them..... Someone also went through our mail box.... first time mom chased the guy but he exscaped and she cant make an id as he was wearing a hoody , the second time she was gone for a small walk and came back to the mail box open again...... I cant stay there alone and have know one to stay there with. me moms only able to stay there right now because her doctors there with her couching her through this weekend..... I dont know what to do . we have a week and a half left before i can be at home, full time. hubby will be back in a week and a half. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO TILL THEM ADVICE PLEASE. the best i can do is check up on the place durning the day. but the attacks are happening mostly durning the day only one happened at night so far.but what to do durning the time im not there -_-

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Wow, that's scary!
I think you should get a a little security camera, or maybe those motion-activated lights for by your door, so you can get an ID picture of them and hopefully a bright light turning on would scare them off.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Oh dear. Not good. Hm, maybe when you get back to your house you can borrow a big dog. Even foster a giant dog for a shelter? A german shepherd or rottweiler breed/cross might scare these idiots off. Are they attacking anyone else's homes? Maybe it's something from your place that they want or are attracted to. Who knows. But they're probably crack heads and will be hopefully scared by something like a big dog. **although that might not work with your kitties

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't use a dog for protection. You don't know what psychos like that would do to a dog that threatens them, and if the dog did go after them you could be sued and the dog could be put down. Not to mention if they have pits, rots, GSDs, ect. themselves it won't scare them. My old neighbors have a 100 lb + bull dog and a shar pei, and they are the biggest love bugs ever.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we thought of the gaurd dog idea but then thought of the idea of the poor thing getting hurt. the landlord is aware of the situation but theres not much he says he can do. I put this fake little kinda motion dector thingy up on the door, if someone touches the door knob and doesnt have the accesse code inside to shut it off . it says BACK AWAY FROM THE DOOR . It repeats it twice and if they dont it says THE COPS HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED AND ARE ON THERE WAY. then an annoying alarm goes off. I also put cheap alarms on the windows from the dollar store that the mins the window opens it does like a hard core car alarm sound. so hopefully that will help -_- i cant wait to move argh. Iv talked to some of the neighbours theyve seem people lerking around but havent had any issues themselves. and they cant see anything in our house the blinds are usually shut well the ones they can see into anyways.-_-

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
I would feel awful about having a guard dog if something could happen to it, plus I don't like to leave dogs outside alone. But in my mind I was thinking about the dog on guard from inside- the creeps might not want to get inside if they knew there was a big dog lurking inside. Maybe it's because my city is ridiculously safe compared to the mainland and there is not much stranger crime as opposed to family/friends crime.

I hope the alarms work to scare them off. They will not want to be seen by neighbors or someone who can identify them. Have you noticed any cars? Weren't you the one who won ownership of the kitten Kimik and Philly in court? Maybe the fool who brought you to court wants to get revenge somehow?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would feel awful about having a guard dog if something could happen to it, plus I don't like to leave dogs outside alone. But in my mind I was thinking about the dog on guard from inside- the creeps might not want to get inside if they knew there was a big dog lurking inside. Maybe it's because my city is ridiculously safe compared to the mainland and there is not much stranger crime as opposed to family/friends crime.

I hope the alarms work to scare them off. They will not want to be seen by neighbors or someone who can identify them. Have you noticed any cars? Weren't you the one who won ownership of the kitten Kimik and Philly in court? Maybe the fool who brought you to court wants to get revenge somehow?
nope havent noticed any weird cars but what hubby and i were thinking is we live in a duplex sorta idea, theres someone under us and where on top we recently found out he deals drugs. where thinking maybe they are his costumers and they think its one big house and thats why they bang on our doors.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Oh, O>o that makes sense. Maybe if prominently display your second address or post something in the window like, guard dog on duty, or something they might realise (if they know their dealer does not have a dog) that someone else lives there too.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we still have the sign up from when we had maya that says beware of dog ^_^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts