Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some ideas on how to get a chinchilla to trust me again. I'm not sure if I've lost her trust years ago (I've owned her for 4 years) or recently. I've searched the web and haven't found much info on such topics. She used to hop on my lap, play with my hair, and try to get out of her cage to greet me as soon as I would get home. I let her out all the time now (I never used to), got her a new friend, she always has food and plenty of things to chew on. I've done some things I'm aware that could have lost her trust for me but I want to gain it again and have my little playful Chella back. So, any ideas? Add a little more variety in her food? Buy her some scented dust bath? Do these kind of things help in building a bond with a pet chinchilla? If not, what is? Now that I think about it.. I only tried to bond with her once I got her and kind of just kept her in the cage and would let her free roam, nothing else really. Treats.. Is it to late?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.