Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I just bought this cage, well not JUST but a few weeks ago. Go to my album to see, i am unable to posts links yet.

I obviously put some hardware cloth up so my young boys cant get out. But anyway I was looking around at cages online and I found a few that had cloth wraped around the ramps, the floors, everything, and I thought that looked super comfy for rats and such.

So how exactly can I go about doing this. I know what kind of cloth to buy but not exactly sure how Ill put it on so its easy to remove so I can wash it when needed.
Also. How can I stop my rats from going to the bathroom everywhere! I tried to litter box train them but they poop every where! It frustrates me >_> Because if I put the cloth on I dont want them pooping all over it. I understand mails tend to pee everywhere haha, but I know I can control the pooping of random spots. Well okay, thank you!

I would also like to say R.I.P to all those who lost their lives 10 years ago on September 11.

·
canis lupus familiaris
552 Posts
most of my rats always pooped everywhere lol.

Anyway You can wrap it around and underneath, secure them with those plastic zip tie things or you could get O rings (like for keychains) or those clips (like on the head of dog leashes.) I took all my ramps out and used wood. It helps with their claws so that is an option as well.

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Some rats potty train easier than others. My black rats potty trained quickly, but I have been unable to potty train my hairless rats. They absolutely refuse. What's worse, they've encouraged the other rats to get lax as well. I've put multiple litter boxes (in my huge cage)at the bottom of ramps and in corners. The nakeds especially still can be pretty indiscriminate. So, I just pick up poo daily to keep it back.

I keep thinking that hardware cloth on the ramps would be a nightmare to clean even if they didn't poop everywhere. What I did was just wrap the ramps and levels in felt, which absorbs urine, and provides a soft surface.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts