Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, I am new here and I am just so lost on what to do with my hamster. I have a dwarf hamster, she is almost a year old now. And about 8 months ago she was a healthy happy hamster. She had a brother Fluffy and when he died she started losing her fur and has become very anti-social. I have tried everything I can think of. Now she is almost bald! I thought she had mites but no, tried changing her food, her cage, bedding. Cod liver oil, olive oil, vitamin drops. I am at a loss. she is very active. We have another dwarf hamster who is albino and she has had no problems what so ever. she has to be in a seperate cage since my other one, tried to kill her. Any help would be appreciated. I might just need to break down and go to the vet!

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Sounds like nerves and stress ... you could try a fake friend like they do with male mice.

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
I would recommend taking her to the vet. Does her skin look puffed up? Is there any puss or ooze anywhere? Does she smell interesting?

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Yeah the vet is always best she sounds depressed losing a cagemate is very hard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts