Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Need to let this out somewhere...

552 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Cynster 
#1 ·
Okay, I have a pretty good life, just aside from the fact my father is effing nuts and crazy and GAH. Mom is leaving him and is trying to get us away from him, but we need to have supervised visits with him once a week. It is the most stressful thing ever, he is a monster and I don't wanna see him. Last time I was so mad, sad and just upset I was shaking. So I asked if we could leave sooner.
I am a unshakable person, I ride horses, and I like horror...Never have I shake like that.
So I thought to get my mind off of it, I would go get some horse stuff, I bought the most beautiful halter ever and was planning on putting it on my fav horse on my lesson.
But this other girl, who had to be a part of my lesson since she missed hers. (She was sick.) And she too likes riding the horse I ride. So I made sure I was early and got her. I did and was grooming her face, about to put the new halter on, when my teacher came in. (The girl, Anna was in, petting Scout, the horse whom I love.) And the teacher said, "Karlie, you gotta ride someone else. Anna rides Scout. Go ride Sarge or someone else."
I waited for Anna to say, "Oh no. It's fine, I'll ride someone else." But she didn't. My teacher said she wants her to practice on Scout. So I left quickly.
I went out to the field, crying. Scout was what I thought of during those visits, riding her through the fields and hugging her tightly. She got me through those tough times and I needed time with her more then anything. I needed to REALLY hug her.
I just walked around, seeing who came. And this gelding, Cruizer, came to me and nuzzled me. And he kept nuzzling me all the way to the barn. The halter fit him prefect and looked really good on him. I smiled because he always kept a eye on me and nuzzled me whenever he could. He is ten years old and still needs a lot of training. Which is why I never ride him, he doesn't lope or trot easily. (Unlike Scout.) But I did have a blast with him. And Anna kept losing control of Scout, whom was not happy.

I just hate sharing horses, Scout means a lot to me and is my best friend. Having some steal her from me hurt so much. And Anna is a spoiled brat who gets everything she wants. She is a only child and doesn't care if she hurts anyone, as long as she gets what she wants. My teacher did say she wanted her to ride Scout, so she knows, she ain't 'all that' but I wish she would ride SOMEONE ELSE....Why my Scout? I've been riding her for a YEAR, we've been through so much and then all of a sudden, Anna wanted to ride her. Psh...Cuss....
And Anna goes to another stable, which is almost a back stab to my teacher...I just don't like her.
But I think I'll put my love into that gelding, whom came to me, whom comfort me when I needed it, whom fit so good in my halter. Who no one else rides....

But if Anna even THINKS about riding him, I am gonna throw a brick at her head! :mad: :handtalk::nono:

Oh boy, that felt good...It's nice having a place like this to rent about your problems is nice.:hehe:

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm glad letting it out has helped you to feel better Karlie. It was really wise of you to go out to the field and see who came to you.

This way, the animal that reached out, you knew, was someone you could relate to, and clearly being Chosen by Cruizer helped you to feel better.

Now you have two best friends, Scout and Cruizer. Hope you can shrug Anna off, there are people like that everywhere, try not to let them take up space in your head.

#3 ·
I understand the desire to have Scout as yours. But one thing to think about it is a good rider that can ride any horse so sometimes changing it up develops your skills. If you ride the same horse all the time you won't learn to adjust to the horse under you. I have horses and out of the 4 Squire is my favorite, but all I can ride..When I was young and got lessons I would use one of their horses and use a different one each time it took more skill as a rider to be able to quickly adjust to partnering with another horse. And Animals often know when you need something. Look at it this way with 2 horses she can't ride them both so you will always have one of the two.

And food for thought, perhaps Anna is hurting and is needing as well it is sometimes hard to see others in trouble because we think we know thier life. Perhaps her life isn't as rosey as you think it is

#4 · (Edited)
Yep, that's why I now am gonna ride all the horses there. Next horse is a gait horse...Never rode a gait horse before. :eek2:

And yes, I do understand Anna might be hurting, just would have been nice if she said something to me. I've been through a lot and that was just the cherry on top.

And yes, I am just gonna shrug her off. I've just gotta deal with sharing until the wonderful day I can have my own.
(My teacher was looking for someone to buy Cruizer....:hmm:)

Thank you guys for taking to the time to read all of that. :)
I'm doing much better today. Can't wait to ride Cruizer now. :giggle:

#5 ·
Awww, what a sweet horse. The horses at the stable I ride can all be such brats sometimes LOL... I don't get nuzzled, I get stepped on or shoved or they attempt to eat me. :p

I know what you mean about "your" horse though... I rode Bill for, like, 3 years straight and now this last year I've been riding a couple other horses. Except now my favorites aren't very ride able anymore, LOL! Code the retired race horse has taken to rearing, and Mickey had been bucking when I tried to lope on him, and he threw me off pretty bad last time so I can't ride him until I can get him in the round pen once the snow melts. I love him, but he has a major attitude problem sometimes! They are selling him and Code though, so hopefully he will still be here in the summer. :(
I love Bill, even though he isn't as fast or exciting as Mickey or Code... I'm practicing some fun show pattern-type moves on him now. :D

It's funny how much you can love horses and get to know them so well, even though they aren't your own.

#6 ·
Too bad you can't come to my stable. :)
We have some of the best horses here, and no big falls or bucks has happen in over 25 years I think. We have 18 horses, all well mannered and most of them don't buck. Only four do but they are still in training.

#7 ·
Well all the other horses are good, but Mickey wasn't a lesson horse- He belonged to the stable owner's dad who died of cancer 2 years ago, and since then no one has been riding him. I knew he had some issues, but he was really fast and fun to ride. :D

#8 ·
Ooh lol
The fast horses are always the funnest. :hehe:

#9 ·
Indeed they are! :D

#10 ·
:yes:

Today I rode Cruizer and found out how very fast that boy is....Never knew such a laid back sweetie could gallop that stinking fast....I loved it. :thumbsup:

#11 ·
Well I guess they called him "Cruizer" for a reason then! Haha ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.