Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... Here is a link to youtube and a video of Hector running around on the bed... If you have time can you watch the video? Its like 2 minutes... Tell me if you think Hector is acting ok.. stressed out.. scared.. curious.... Whetever.

I want him to play but I dont want to stress him.

Let me know what you think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtU04QpklMc

· Official Loofah Tester
1,386 Posts
He's totally curious and exploring. His demeanor is relaxed and inquisitive. Stop, sniff, amble around, oo-oo what's that run over to see, checkin' in with mom, checkin' in with dad, piddling in the corner to claim as his own etc. If he were scared he'd be in his 'safe' place, avoiding open areas and be very stiff and cautious. My scardy rat spent half his time in his tunnel during free play, and if there were a strange noise, he'd run to me and hide in my shirt.

· Registered
1,317 Posts

· Registered
2,347 Posts
Yep, I agree with Breyer and Storyseeker. Hector looks like a happy ratty, having a great time exploring on the bed and being curious and also enjoying checking in with Mom and Dad and getting head/ear scritches! Also, it is great that you are talking in soft, assuring voices to him, like "Hey little buddy" and he knows your voices and is soothed by feeling safe and also able to roam around and have that very healthy free play time to explore with Mom and Dad close by. Beautiful! Hector looks like a healthy and happy curious rat having a great time on the bed. Rats LOVE exploring blankets, tunnels and all that fun stuff on a bed. You guys are doing wonderfully with him. :)

I saw your other post about his hiccups, or what seemed like hiccups. That is a tough one because I know exactly what you mean and I am trying to recall what people's thoughts on the forum were about "rat hiccups". I seem to remember that some people said it was perfectly normal and no worries, but others said to keep an eye on those because it could be something respiratory. Any forum members have comments on this?

Loved the video! Thanks for posting that!Hector is just a doll! Love his beautiful ears too. :)

By the way, you MUST watch the super videos that Breyer gave you the link for. They are awesome. Breyer is Super Ratty Mommy to her two beautiful boys, Russell and Stanley. Russ and Stan are two of the big stars on this forum. We all love to see videos of them. Such sweeties. And you will get great ratty tips just from watching them in their very cool ratty housing/free play set ups and seeing Breyer talking to them and interacting with them. Priceless videos. Let us know what you think!

· Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh what a relief.. As Hector is our first rat I didnt know what to expect out of his behaviour. I was guessing he was ok and just being curious but I didnt know for SURE.. and I was worried. I love the little guy.. I cant wait till pat day.. going to get him a big apartment (dont like to say cage.. sound like he is a prisoner or something instead of a family member.) and I think 2 more rattie babie guys... Cant wait... I love this form and all you guys n gals. It means so much to us.. Hector too.. that you care about his well being enough to give us advice as stuff... Thanks so much to all Hector's aunts and uncles!!!

· Registered
2,347 Posts
Aww, you are so welcome! I am glad you are relieved. :)

And you know what? I always hate to use the word "cage" too! I always say things like "ratty house" or things like that. So I know exactly what you mean!

I am also glad that you and Tonya (and Hector!) feel welcome on the forum, it is a great place for rat lovers for sure. Kisses to Hector!

· Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just gave Hector your kisses.. He said thanks for the lovin Auntie Vladina!!!

· Registered
2,347 Posts
Yay! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.