Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday we found a female white and orange tabby cat outside our door with no collar on. We have put up posters,contacted all the shelters in our area or near us as well as the police in case someone calls there and took her to the vet for a checkup and shes healthy and they think around 11 years old. Also found out thats shes been spayed and front declawed so shes obviously someones pet or was someones pet. No microchip though. She seems to be settling in ok except shes doing a lot of hissing and growling. My mom has decided to call her Pearl for the time she is with us. If it turns out no one claims her within a week or 2 we may either keep her or find her a new home.

·
Dinky Corsetkisser
4,020 Posts
I hope she just accidentally got out, otherwise it would be heartbreaking to think someone would throw an elderly declawed cat out :( Thank you for taking her in and keeping her safe

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what were hoping to. I'm not a fan of declawing at all. It is sad to think that she may have just been tossed outside. She seems pretty sweet apart from the growling and hissing at us and our other pets.

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
poor baby. I hope there is a home that's missing her and she didnt get dumped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts