Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 11 year old daughter bought a bunny last night. He is about 6-8 weeks old. He's very nice and let's us hold him. He likes to be held and petted. He hops around. But he hasn't pooped at all! I am getting really worried. We have hay, pellets and water for him, but we haven't seen him eat or drink anything since we got him. We're not with him 24/7 so he could be eating and drinking when we're not there. But he's not pooping. Is he just getting used to us? Or is he sick? :confused:

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Where did the rabbit come from? It's very possible that he is just super stressed from being taken away from his mama. At that young you need to make sure he is eating (any age really) but I would definitely leave him alone. Let him get acquainted with his environment. Depending on where you got the rabbit it could be sick. Anything longer than 12 hours might put a bunny into gastointestinal stasis which would require immediate vet care.

Try to encourage him to eat by leaving him alone and keeping a supply of fresh cut aromatic alfalfa hay around (bunnies should only eat alfalfa hay until about 12 weeks <I think>) and it contains fats and calcium to keep him going. Do not introduce veggies at this point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts