Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we started the cage build today it is gonna be huge 6 ft high 5 feet wide and 5 shelves 2 ft deep. (sorry for American measurements but I am horrible at the conversions)
I am planning on separating the cage shelves through the middle to make it suitable for 2 pairs on each side. I have another question now, will a simple wire separater be okay or will they fight through it?
This is a post from my original thread but I thought a new thread might be needed

· Resident Aquarium Nerd
10,108 Posts
A simple divider should be fine but like I said in the other thread, make it temporary so you can remove it once they're all bonded :).

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah we are planning to try to intro them again after a few months or working with them so as soon as we get them nice we plan on taking out the separators I am so excited might take a week to get it all done

· Registered
15 Posts
I have 1/4" window channels in the middle and can slide 1/4" clear plastic in and out when I need to. separating or cleaning 1/2 at a time. My cage is 32" deep 42" tall and 62" wide. Degutopia says it's big enough for 11 Degu, but more than 7 in same cage won't get along.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.