Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so Im using bark/woodchip kind of bedding for my new pet Savannah monitor lizard I just got. And today when i fed him a pinky and a large grasshopper and I think it might have accidentally ingested some of the floor bedding..What Do I do? Hope it dont die...:(

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
Just monitor him. Make sure he is still eating, drinking and pooping. If anything changes or he stops take him to the vet A.S.A.P

How big is he?

I would remove him from the current substrate you have and change him to something else, I would also start feeding outside the cage in another bare container to prevent this from happening again.

Again... just watch for signs of impaction. Depending on the size of the piece he ate and his size there may or may not be a problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just monitor him. Make sure he is still eating, drinking and pooping. If anything changes or he stops take him to the vet A.S.A.P

How big is he?

I would remove him from the current substrate you have and change him to something else, I would also start feeding outside the cage in another bare container to prevent this from happening again.

Again... just watch for signs of impaction. Depending on the size of the piece he ate and his size there may or may not be a problem.

He drinking right now almost afterward of him swallowing the cricket wit the bedding..I think im gonna put newpaper down instead of the chips..Maaybe he'll be okay hes drinkin now... :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts