Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well We went to the rescue to asopt two girl rats for Apollo's cage mates ... however while we were sitting there discussing what would be best for him a woman surrendering her rat boy arrived she asked all the questions he cant be carrying SDA but while she was holding him I asked if I could and he just laid in my lap being cute as could be and i knew I had to take him home. His cage mate died a while back and he was being kept in a cracked 20 long with an 8 inch mesh wheel.

We dont have a name for him we are thinking Artemis or Ares but anyway here is my new boy :D ( Hopefully introductions go well he is a lone rat too )

In the cage

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
OMG ! Hes sooo cute.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
CongRATS. He is a cutie.

Good luck on intros.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's lovely but you just picked the hardest intro of all to do. Start reading up soon!
yes I know but if you read the top he is also a lone rat and what I didnt mention is when I got there they tried getting the girls I wanted but they threw a fit because they bonded to another rat. It was him or a bonded male pair as big as Apollo.

And I HAVE been reading up. Ham intro's are just like rat intro's I read it all and yes iknow I have to take it slow

The good news is apollo is neutered so he may be more accepting and this new boy is reallly small compared to him.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
He is beautiful!! Such a sweet face! I am glad he has found a loving home with you. I am sure you have already fallen in love with him, and vice versa! :)

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He is the SWEETEST rat I have ever met we laid on the couch and watched TV today :D I have already bonded with him more than Apollo ... he seems dumbfounded by veggies and levels though so hopefully he figures it out.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Awww, that is great! Rats are SO full of love. I am always happy to see when a rat gets a new chance at a good life. They have so much love to give, don't they?

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He really seems to Apollo on the other hand is having none of it but we will keep trying.

Hopefully the new guy is happy here. We are still deciding on names

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wish me luck with bonding these boys I am going to need it ... It should all work out one way or the other though I am prepared to have two large cages just in case but hopefully it doesnt come to that

And I think we found a name for him ... I was cuddling with him today and I think he looks like a Yuki :)

And I should have lots of pictures soon if my camera works with me .... he is such a sweetie

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Rats are great like that. Some of my boys are happy and content enough to sit and cuddle with me while I watch a movie,while others just want to explore or run around.

They all have their own personalities,so it does not surprise me that Apollo and this new one are different.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its not THAT they are different its HOW different they are Yuki is content sitting in your lap grooming himself Apollo just wants to eat and sleep and if you let him out run around on everything he wants nothing to do with you. But we are going to give this a try i know its going to take a long time.

How long does it take before the neuter really kicks in personality and testosterone wise.

Apollo was ready to kill Yuki yesterday and apollo was in his own cage and I was just holding Yuki

1 - 13 of 13 Posts