Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

New to here

338 views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  VanillaRat 
#1 ·
Hello my name is Holly and we have 2 rats named Baby and Star they r now 2years old :) we also have a cat named Moonshine whom is 17 years old. Was searching the net to find info on bone degeneration in rats and found this site as well.
thing is I think Star has bone degen. my poor girl has had it rough. She broke her left paw some how, that healed then I noticed she had a lump the right side of her stomach we had it removed and the vet didn't think it was malignant she said it was jus fatty tissue, WHAT a relief:hapdance: and like I said now it bone degen. she is getting very skinny in the hind quarters and drags her back legs most of the time. she can't even scratch herself so I have been doing it for her Glad I found out some info cause i would not have thought to clean her ears out. She has always been the type to keep to herself unless she was out in our bed then she would Really come out of her shell.

Know I noticed last night that Baby has a lump that has been growing rapidly made her a vet appointment she goes on Monday, taking Star too jus to be on the safe side :)

I am glad I found this site where I can meet other animal lovers and get advise and maybe be able to give some as well.

#4 ·
Welcome, Holly! Hope you enjoy! Funny coincidence--we call our grandaughter Alli-Cat and my daughter has a cat named Baby! hee hee
That's a good old age for a cat! We lost 2 of ours last year; one was 14 and the other was 18. All we have left is Lucy, and she'll be 10 next month. She's sick right now and I'm concerned...she's been to the vet, but not showing much improvement yet.
Anyhow, glad to meetcha!

#5 ·
Welcome, Funny coincidence--we call our grandaughter Alli-Cat!
hehe:crylaugh:since we decided to name the baby alyson after finding out shes a girl, hubby constantley says hows daddys little allycat doing today in his emails when hes away for work, even when he is home and talks to my stomach he says hows daddys allycat rofl.:rolleyes:

#6 ·
@Tommycat that is a funny coincidence hehe! Hope ur cat gets better soon..
mine ud never know is was 17 still very frisky she is and has always been an indoor cat. Vet said he has not seen a healthier cat that age. (her teeth are still pearly white..)
We had to put our other cat down last year she was only 8 but was peeing all over the house. It was VERY hard to do we still miss her tremendously her name was Foxy Lady. she was my fiences so hence the name for her. LOL
And thanks for the Welcomes and nice to meet you all!

#13 ·
Feels great to be part of such a huge network!
Hi guys my name is Sofia I have a 6 year Labrador who I got from a pet shop when he was 5 months old and he has been part of our life since then. The reason being here is to know more about pet dogs and what are the needs of the growing champs! I am sure you guys will help me up in getting answers to my questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.