Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:binkie: Hello All!!!
My Name is Kelly and I am an up and comming breeder of Mutation Chinchillas. I have been looking high and low for special little ones to start my herd. I now have 9 ...... well actually I have 11 chins but 2 are only pet quality(shhhhh.... they don't know that)and I will not breed them. As with most small hobby breeders, I started because I bought a chin for my sons birthday... Well I was hooked as soon as we brought him home!.. He is a standerd that was advertised in a local paper. Well we didn't know a whole lot about chinchillas except we had been told that they had little smell. When we started thinking about getting it for him the whole family started doing research. lol..... to this day their is still so much to learn!!! After Speedy(gee wonder how we came up with that one) we adopted an older willson white named Miranda. We then found out that two were better then one. After chin proofing the living room we let the chins out every night and let them hop all over us..lol... My husband, my two boys and I love to play and roll on the floor with the chins.. :roflmao: ya kinda like that... So after two years of learning and researching and enjoying the two we have I have decided to start a small herd. My husband built what I call my nursery and its all painted in all baby colors.(blue,pink,yellow,and green) My mother said I needed to have more children...lol... and I told her that I am... Chinchilla Children!!!! I even made my husband find a wood supplier that had kiln dried untreated pine boards to use as baseboards(so the chins wouldn't get hurt if they chewed them when they were out) also he used these bords to build fake steps(not too tall) and a sort of playground for my chinnies...All My babies are still young and wont start breeding till next year. That gives me plenty of time to get every thing ready!! well as ready as u can be!! So I will keep u all updated and also will ask for all kinds of advice I am shure
:talk:
lmao..... my husband just pointed to that smily and said "hey hon... thats u" well I guess I have talked long enough... Thanks for reading!

· Registered
4,887 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the info chinchillagirl... I had already had that site on my fav list... and the only one that i might have a problem with is #5... being emotionaly ready to loose some kits.. I think I will find that hard!!!

· Registered
876 Posts
Mandie that info on your site is really good! I have seen a lot of sites that have half-a** information that isn't worded well and doesn't make a lot of sense. Your's is really good! Is that new? I don't remember seeing it on there before.

Sorry to be off topic. It's still good to have you here Chinchewy! :)

· Registered
8,901 Posts
indychinchick said:
Mandie that info on your site is really good! I have seen a lot of sites that have half-a** information that isn't worded well and doesn't make a lot of sense. Your's is really good! Is that new? I don't remember seeing it on there before.
:yes: I'll answer for her. ;) She wrote it 'cause I begged her too for PT's soon to come article system. I think she did a fantastic job!

· Registered
4,887 Posts
Why Thank You for all your kind remarks!! Stephanie (Jade) helped edit it but I had a lot of fun writing the article. I used several different resources from both ON and OFF the net. I'm currently helping another woman in town who is just getting started in breeding (actually, all her chins are too young yet, but she's researching) learn how to pair up chins. Shane even went out and bought a special light for evaluating them! Just like the show lights, but on a MUCH smaller scale. You can only fully view one chin at a time with it, but it's amazing the things you see with that light as opposed to regular home lighting!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.