Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a red-eared slider (about 5 inches) He eats well, but doesn't like vegetables. Everything I read says they should eat about 50% in vegitation. I have tried many things, but he doesn't eat them. He likes turtle sticks and fish, live and smelt and crickets etc. Any suggestions, or is this okay?

· RAT ADDICT
19,823 Posts
Your going to have to cut back on the fish and keep feeding him veggies,until he eats them.

I am fortunate to have a turtle who is a glutton and eats everything! My sister tho has 2 RES and they are picky.She had to cut everything out of their diet temporarily and just feed them some veggies and fruit and they did start eating it.Try that!

· Poo dont scare me!!!
3,770 Posts
I had a turtle (a long time ago just so ya know...haha) but anyhow he loved strawberries. :) We would actually get to see him eat them because he loved them so much. He was a box turtle so I dont know if that makes a difference, but he loved them. :)

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This may seem like a weird question.... I have not seen our RES poop in a few days. He seems to still be eating (turtle sticks and crickets) but I used to see him poop 2 or more times per day - because I would scoop it out of his tank. Is this a problem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.