Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I signed up awhile ago, but I forgot to post anything! I'm 14, and I live in NY. 8th grade, and my favorite sport is volleyball, I used to ride horses and hope to start up again in the spring.

My pets are
2 Dogs-Belle and Ashes, they live with my dad in MI
5 Cats-Milo is mine, Oliver is my sister's, Jackson lives outside, Tyken an Big Momma are my dad's and live in Michigan
2 Sugar Gliders-Chester and Charlotte, no babies yet, but hopefully soon!!
2 Degus-just got them on Monday, so no names yet, I might need some help with that
1 Painted Turtle-Boat, rescued him
1 Giant Gourami and 1 Guppy Fry-in a 10 gallon tank

By the fall I should have (at least)
3 horses
another dog (either a large one like a doberman or a small one like a min pin)
another cat (we won't have Jack anymore, and it'll be my mom's)
more fish (not sure what kinds, but my tank is looking a little empty)
Flying Squirrel (not a definate, but I want to find a baby for sale)
Cocatiel (my sister's, but if my dad's friend's pair lays eggs that hatch, I'll be handfeeding them)
Finches (I want to have an aviary with about 14 birds in it)
another turtle (to go with Boat when I make an outdoor enclosure)
starling (I find quite a few orphans, and I'm going to try to raise one to keep as a pet, since they're illegal to release)
grey squirrel (I've found these, too, and I this time I won't give it to a rehab (if its healthy, unlike the last one)
fox (not sure what kind, maybe a fennec if I can afford one, or a red one if I can find an orphan)
2 leopard geckos (I might be getting them from a friend that breeds them)

:D wow, it'll be busy for me, but I'm up to it!! :woohoo: I've been researching all of these animals for awhile now

If anyone ever wants to talk, IM me on xtremefireburst1 (that's one of my old volleyball team names, so I'll be getting a new one soon)

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome all of you! I'll surely be posting some intros for my pets in the appropriate forums, and pictures soon! I have to find my camera first.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you! I have two more to add to my small zoo. I got a blue gourami and a swordtail (just a green one, not the fancy kind) that's very pregnant (she might even have them tonight, because of the stress of a new home, that's what happened last time I had a female swordtail) I'm ready though, I have fry traps and know how to make the food for them, I used to breed guppies and swordtails. It was so cold going shopping today, and I still had stores to go to after I bought them, I had to carry them in my sweatshirt pocket, I looked even more fat/pregnant than I do carrying my gliders in there or under my shirt. My little cousin discovered they were in there, she always checks my pockets because she never knows what kind of treat or animal she might find in there (she never expected fish!) I haven't put them in the tank yet, still adjusting them to the water.

· Registered
228 Posts
Wow! Your house may be more than mine with:
6 dogs & 3 Puppies. We will keep one. So 7 dogs.
2 cats
2 bearded dragons (a pair)
14 chins-more litters expected
2 red eared sliders
1 eastern box turtle
1 fish tank
1 hedgehog
2 mediterranian geckos
and I *think* thats all.. lol. All live in my 3 bedroom house. Most of which take over the largest room in the house. (Everyone besides the dogs and fish tank)

I also live in NY. Where abouts do you live? I live in the Upstate area in Buffalo, NY. You seem to have a much more tolerating mother than I. lol. She's making me downsize on a lot of pets so I have 4 chins for sale, am giving away my box turtle to my mom's friend, and am going to get new cages for my chinchillas so I won't have so many cages.

I have had Sugar Gliders before and I loved them so much. They're great. I gave them to my friends in Virginia and then I get my Whippet puppy when we move.

And I love the pets your interested in and have rode horses for about 3 or 4 years now. I love them. How do you plan on just getting all these animals? lol. I will be getting a horse once I'm older...I too want a fennec fox, but maybe once I downsize more on animals because according to all the research I have done they are not really the pet to have when you have many other animals (especially at our age.) I'm 13 turning 14 in 29 days. :)

If you ever find a baby fox, or baby grey squirrel that you can't keep and your less than 3 hours away from me or so be sure to let me know. ;) lol. I have wanted a baby squirrel for a long time and I am still very interested in the Fennec. Your lucky you find those kind of animals outside.
I too find birds that are babies and can't fly yet or have hurt/broken wings like Pidgeons and others that I foster until I can help their wing with medicine and make them fly. Then I let them go in my backyard.

Well I put your s/n on my b/l because you are for sure someone I know I'll have an interest in talking to. :) My s/n is ChinchillaLovin. Hope to talk to you soon. :)

I too like Volleyball, but have never been on a team. Way to busy with the animals. :)

· Registered
228 Posts
Oops! Forgot to mention the toad. lol. We have had some luck with toads man...lol. We have had pet toads we caught from outside and stuff to live with us for over 4 years. Others for longer too. We've never had one die at under a year or two with us...Can't remember... :-/

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks again for the welcome! I live near Canandaigua. Corina-wow I hope my mom will let me get as many pets as you do! I'd be in heaven lol. Talk to you soon! Capnsweets-even though I have a lot, I'd obviously like more! lol

· Registered
298 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.