Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i know i took on a huge responsibility. i bought a baby feeder from a pet store. i can get him to eat it i put the milk in his mouth. no forcefully but i use the lil tear dropper to put the milk in him. but when i go to try and have him go to the bathroom he dose not go. yes i massage him when im done feeding him. but i wonder if he isnt getting any milk but it looks like it he swollows. i use a cotton swab on him. the closest thing i got to poop was red lil poppy seed sized stuff. and that has worried me. he has lived for a day now but i dont know if that matters or not or how long he will live like this.

· Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
so i know i took on a huge responsibility. i bought a baby feeder from a pet store. i can get him to eat it i put the milk in his mouth. no forcefully but i use the lil tear dropper to put the milk in him. but when i go to try and have him go to the bathroom he dose not go. yes i massage him when im done feeding him. but i wonder if he isnt getting any milk but it looks like it he swollows. i use a cotton swab on him. the closest thing i got to poop was red lil poppy seed sized stuff. and that has worried me. he has lived for a day now but i dont know if that matters or not or how long he will live like this.
How old is he? Depending on age, if he's a pinky you may see the milk belly through his skin, if he's older you won't be able to tell like that. Are the eyes closed or open? can you take a pic so we can age him? What are you feeding him exactly?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.