Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Ok, prepare for excuses and rationalizations!

Ya see I have this online/forum/texting friend who is a breeder about an hour from me. She has some awesome lines out of a reputable breeder in Georgia, and I believe two of the more reputable breeders in Alabama. So, anyway great lines, awesome dumbo ears, long lives. She has many rats past the three year mark, etc. She asked if I would be interested in taking one or two from her latest litter because it was a big litter, she still has a few left, and she's about to give birth to their first kid like any second and she would like to be down to just her base stock before that.

Well I said no, cuz first of all I tend to rescue ratties these days more than obtain them from breeders, plus I still have Ms. Lila's babies, so I'm kinda all rattied out!

Then I got all the rat babies spoken for, with a couple of backup homes even in case some back out, and 8 of them actually delivered. And of course my friend asked again if I needed a new rattie, and this time sent pictures. So I am deeply ashamed but I again lost my battle with GGMR! Fell right off the wagon!

Anyway, Penny is awesome! She is a 10 week old dumbo pew hairless girl. She's so sweet! She loves everyone including the dog! She'll let the twins play with her and then stay still so Lila can cuddle and bathe her (Lila feels an obsessive need to bathe things apparently!) She loves to snuggle. She's definitely the snuggliest girl rat I've ever had that was this young! My other young girlies just can't stay still for this much cuddle but she loves it! She's also always excited to see you! When I first met her and opened the door of the carry cage she ran right up to me like she'd known me forever! She reminded me of the talking dog from the movie Up "I don't know you, but I love you!" Here are some pics! They're lousy because they were just quick snaps in the carrier on the way home. I'll snap some more when she's settled in.

So here's Penny, just being adorably Penny
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6282969215/

Here she is eating yogies and loving it!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6282983015/

And here's a pic (kinda grainy) of the cage she shares with the other 3. One sleepy basket, one hanging cozy pod, loads of wooden chew toys, 3 hanging kabob toys with bells, 3 levels, 3 ramps, one exercise wheel, 4 spoiled ratties!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6282969315/

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
OMG! she is the cutest thing iv ever seen.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Awww, what a sweetheart! And such a loving, cuddly personality too! I am glad you have her...I bet she will bring you such joy. A beautiful little soul! Can't wait for more pictures! Penny is such a great name for her too. So sweet. :)

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
That's how I got my two hairless boys. GGMR is ebil. Georgia huh? Bet money our kids are related? :D

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
She is adorable! Congratulations! :D:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts