Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fashion Animal Freak :)
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well novo is maybe over three years old now, and hes certainly slowing down.
He doesn't seem to care now if he is out as much now as he sleeps even when he comes out lol!
But im a little worried, i got the feeling a few days ago that hes going blind because it can take him a while to find the treat in my hand and sometimes he would walk into things. So last night i got the courage to pick him up and try to touch his eyes to see if he flinched, and well he didnt i was able to touch his eyeball until he felt me touching he would blink ( no i didnt hurt him )
His eyes are black like they have always been and i checked for cateracks (SP?) nothing is there just his normal looking eyes.
What do you guys think?

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Me too!
Ive had completly blind hamsters, and they get around just fine. You might want to make his set up a little simpler if he is losing his vision, so he can find everything more easily.

·
Fashion Animal Freak :)
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i did a few weeks ago everything is one level now!
Thanks guys :)
Hes my special wee man!

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
How nice to have a sweet old man rat! It's a shame that his vision is going but it sounds like you are helping out by arranging the cage all one one level. Try to keep things in the same place all the time and he will be able to navigate from memory. They don't see that well to begin with and he still has his whiskers. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts