Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are my degu girls, Luna and Nuka :)
They are 5 months now in August :)

We bought them three months ago, in May, to accompany our 5 year old degu, Hertta.

Her sister, Hulda, passed away in May, due to a respiratory illness :(
I miss her so much <3

Fortunately, Hertta and the new gorls get along great :)
At first, we had to go through an introduction process, and after a couple of weeks, we put them in the same cage :)

And, we had to build a larger cage, which is in one of the pictures :)

They have plenty of space there, and they get to be free in a safe room sometimes, to take chinchilla sand baths :)

They are adorable together :D

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And some more photos of my degus :)

The pictures, that where the little ones are in a plastic cage, were taken at the time when we brought them home :)

So, in those pictures, Nuka and Luna are only 2 months old :)

Hertta is in one of the pictures too :)
She will be 5 and half years this October, and she is doing really well.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice to see Nuka, Luna and Hertta. :) Glad to hear they are all getting along.

(I also have a 5 and a half year old degu. Her name is Lilac. She has begun to experience teeth problems – I think it might be hereditary because her sister passed away June 2012 from teeth issues. I am pleased that Lilac continues to do reasonably well. Might be because I am making sure that she and the others get more calcium in their diet via dandelion leaves, clover, grasses etc.)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you :)
Yeah, they are like a little family :)

Hertta takes good care of the smaller ones.

I am sorry bout Lilac´s sister.

Hertta had some teeth issues as well, when she was 3 years old.
She didn´t gnaw enough branches, and her incisors had to be clipped a few times by a vet.

But since then, she has been gnawing a lot, and her teeth are fine :)

Yeah, I feed my girls dandelion and other grasses as well :)

And I feed them Bunny Degutraum degu food, and good quality hay everyday. And some grasses, variably.
And as treats, some rolled oats and seeds from time to time :)

Is Lilac by herself then, or does she have a new companion?

I was worried, when Hulda died, that Hertta might get desperate.
I had heard, that lonely degu´s might get really sad and apathetic.

So, I brought 2 babies to keep her company :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aww, thank you so much, glad you like :)

Yeah, they are the most adorable rodents that I know of :)
So social and smart, too :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Lilac has the company of her four daughters. (I initially adopted what were supposed to be 4 girls from a local animal shelter. Turned out they were actually 3 girls and 1 boy! I kept all of the offspring. Azure's litter were all stillborn but Lilac lives with her girls, her other sister lives with her 4 daughters and father lives with his 4 sons.) :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you're on the lookout for a Spa to relax and rejuvenate this summer, you're likely considering which Spa will meet your personal needs and also fit in with your budget. The LifeSmart Rock Solid Luna Spa is a feature-packed spa designed to consume less energy than other hot tubs in its class. A number of luxurious features have been incorporated so comfort as well as energy efficiency are top priorities here. Here we'll drill down into some of the key features of the Luna Spa to help you determine if it's the right Spa for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts