Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...Sneakers is feeling better, to say the least! We have been giving him his valium twice a day as prescribed, and the poor thing is acting like he's drunk. I can't help laughing at him sometimes. :lol: ;) I'm just so glad he's feeling better. :clap: Last night he played like crazy! I couldn't believe it! Here are some pics:

Playing under the chairs and table.

Chasing Rusty all around! He NEVER does that! Rusty was quite surprised about it. He seemed to enjoy playing with him, but he also seemed a little confused!

Hiding from Rusty in the kitchen. He was pretending to stalk his prey!

Looking for Rusty under the couch. Ummm...Rusty was nowhere near the couch! Poor Sneakers is very dazed and confused. I have to watch him because he tries to jump on things and he falls off. His motor skills are very impaired!

More coming up!

· Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Playing with his ball.

Rusty was very interested in all of this.

Rusty is probably thinking "What has gotten into you?"

His appetite has also increased (like Mandie said it would ;) ) and he is so active! He just walks around checking everything out on wobbly legs (wobbly from the medicine). As far as urinating, it seems to still be in small amounts. He is going to the litter box often though. One thing that I noticed last night (when he was locked in the bedroom with us) he was making a lot of noise in the litter box. He was trying to bury his pee, instead of going to the bathroom and jumping out quickly to lick himself. So I think he's feeling better. Please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Things seem to be looking up, and I hope they stay that way! :pray:

· Registered
5,668 Posts
He is sooo cute! Rusty and Sneakers are so cute together!
I'm glad he's feeling better, and I hope he stays that way, or gets even better. ;) He will stay in my thoughts and prayers. Give him a pat on the head for me. :D

· Registered
4,887 Posts
I'm glad he's feeling better!! Yeah, I forgot to tell you about the "wobbles" but as the crystals disinigrate and he comes off the valium, he'll get better. I had a Chow Chow that was on valium for a while in her old age...she was so clumsy on it!

Reactions: veggiegirl

· Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
formula86 said:
aw steph!! i'm glad that little sneakers is feeling better, albeit wobbly. :lol: how long will he be on the valium? it's to stop his bladder from spasming, right? i hope he continues to improve girl! keep us updated! :D
Thank you everyone! :clap: :hug:

Jane, yep the valium is to relax him and stop the urethral spasms. It relaxes ALL of him though and he looks like a drunk person when he walks! He has quite a few pills, I haven't counted them but it looks like enough to last for a couple weeks. He takes a half a pill twice a day.

I just got home from work and it looks like there is a good amount of pee in the box. Its kinda hard to tell with feline pine, but I try to look for sawdust and see how much there is. Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and advice! I am very grateful. :grouphug:

· Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome
2,223 Posts
:lol: I can just imagine Sneaker's telling Rusty, "Maaannn ... they put me in this stuff, see? ... And I feel gooood ..."

It's wonderful he's doing better! Give the drugged Sneakers a hug ( :hug3: ) from Gerona, Galina, and me! :yes:!

· Miss New Booty
5,896 Posts
How is he today, hon? :hugg2:

veggiegirl said:
I just got home from work and it looks like there is a good amount of pee in the box. Its kinda hard to tell with feline pine, but I try to look for sawdust and see how much there is.
Oh man!! I bet that is tough to see how many times he's going! I remember when I tried Feline Pine for the cats before and it was dusty like that, hard to tell. I got to thinking.. maybe if you tried a sand based litter, it would clump up when he urinates and you could tell how many times he goes?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.