Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Betta Bomb
5,417 Posts
I would keep an eye on her. Something like that might not come out. I'd be scared to death, keep an eye make sure she eats tonnes of hay and watch her poops. How did she get into it? And how much did she eat? Sometimes when bunnies chew walls ans wires etc. . . its not enough to stop their sensitive tracts. Keep yourself alert though bc there might be a vet visit in this if she cannot pass it!

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts
LOL, this made me laugh, cause today I found a pig Silly Band on the ground in my bedroom that was lacking a head! :rolleyes: Thankfully, it doesn't look like Smudge ate too much of it, but I have no idea when it happened. He hasn't died on me yet.

Did he eat the whole thing, or just part of it? Make sure he has plenty of hay, and take her to the vet if she becomes lethargic or stops eating/drinking/going to the bathroom.

You'd be surprised what bunnies can survive eating though: I heard of one that ate an entire marijuana plant and lived to tell about it. Some of them just have stomachs of steele.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was last night. I saw it hanging from her mouth, and as I chased her to get it, it got shorter and shorter. So I'm assuming she ate the whole thing. She's running around today like nothing happened. I don't know how long it takes the digestive system to do its thing, but everything seems normal. So if I don't find it in her litter tray, it's bad news?

· Betta Bomb
5,417 Posts
Make sure she does not stop eating hay. I would even up the hay and limit pellets for a couple days to move it through. Watch her poops. They should be round and uniform and darkish brown and dry with bits of hay visible. If they stop coming out then you'll need to have her seen before she goes into stasis. A good ol' fashioned check up? Watch the poos! ^.^

· Registered
70 Posts
This is funny, but also very scary! The are so sneaky. I hope everything is alright; Bunz has yet to eat anything he's not supposed to, but I'm sure it will happen at some point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.