Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we were in the market for an adult male neutered cat. We checked kijiji and we checked the shelters here. We had our eye on a dilute tabby called Tetley for a long time, we were just waiting to move.
So then we moved. We've been here 6 days and Thursday night we were talking about it again and I placed an ad on kijiji looking for a cat.. Rather than looking at other people's ads. I had 2 cats I was going to visit the weekend and 1 I really wanted!
While I was at work my mom texted me telling me her upstairs neighbor was gone to prison and his neutered cat had been left outside. When they checked inside the apt there was no food or litter or toys for the cat and that he had been abandoned. I told my mom to take him in her place until I got off work and that we would take him. The last 2 hours of work were treachereous!!!! In that time I fell in love with Oliver!
My mom's cat Mama stayed in the bathroom while Ollie was there... Poor thing :( But we took Ollie home and here he is!!

Attachments

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Aww, what a little cutie! I like his stripes.
It's a good thing you rescued him!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Aww he's so cute

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I feel much better rescuing him on our own.. We were prepared to pay the fee at the shelter for a vet checked foster home kitty but then I contacted the lady who was looking for a home for the black and white one. The money we saved has gone towards immediate things for him such as food and toys. However, we will have him examined by a vet to make sure he is free from parasites or whatever they can contract from outdoors.

He such a sook though! For a cat that was obviously neglected by his alcoholic (mentally deranged) owner he is such a sweet cat! He's so friendly and the only shy he has is at loud noises and the dogs barking upstairs. And he's always purring!!

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
Wow the second pic is ferosh! Very pretty cat. I'm sure he's grateful to you!!!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Congratulations and thank you for giving him a loving home!

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:D Thanks!

My mom asked me today if we were happy with Oliver (and I was in english class reading it as a text) and I just smiled when I thought about it. We are very happy we fell into the fate that became Oliver! <3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts