Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Fashion Animal Freak :)
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not going to say anything else as this article speaks for itself. But this proves my point on the other thread that i made!
The film, in which a part-fried fish is shown breathing and wriggling on a plate as it is being slowly eaten alive in a restaurant, has been posted on the video-sharing website YouTube.
In order to keep the carp alive chefs cook its body but wrap its head in a wet cloth to keep it breathing, before covering it in sauce and serving in on a plate.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...se-diners-eat-live-fish-in-YouTube-video.html

Please try to get it taken of youtube aswell!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
:mad2:
Gosh I hate people.

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
:mad: UGH!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
thats sick! have you seen the comments below aswell of people saying its fine? seriously! how cruel has todays society got! do the majority of people really think theyre above animals so much that they are ok to cause them pain in their last moments on this planet! this has almost made me want to become a veggie

·
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats sick! have you seen the comments below aswell of people saying its fine? seriously! how cruel has todays society got! do the majority of people really think theyre above animals so much that they are ok to cause them pain in their last moments on this planet! this has almost made me want to become a veggie
Most people don't care because its just a "fish" to most people.
An animal is animal to me.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Yes and alot of people don't even consider fish animals!
They are still animals to me and still capable of pain.

·
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes and alot of people don't even consider fish animals!
They are still animals to me and still capable of pain.
I exactly agree Lisa.
People think its a fish it doesnt show pain. My boyfriend isnt as animal mad as i am, and he even thought it was horiffic. And then my best friend started an arguement with me, shes a veg, and she said " Its their culture they are intitled of eating and doing what they want, its in their lifestyle" well lets just say we will not be speaking for a while as she upset me.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
I do know that other cultures have different ways of eating and preparing things,but I still dislike the fact that they do this to LIVE animals.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I hate it when people say fish have no feelings, what a load of rubbish of course they do, its disgusting.

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
" Its their culture they are intitled of eating and doing what they want, its in their lifestyle"
That's true.

It is mostly the older generation that still does this because it is what they grew up with. The younger generations are against this type of torture. When the older generation died out, you probably won't see this a lot.

·
Registered
87 Posts
fish do have feelings they have actually got quite a sensitive nervous system to detect any movements in the water thats why if you stick your finger into a tank of golfish they swim away. its called a lateral line and it runs through their whole bodies. To fry a fish must be torture and then to eat it alive is just discusting. I know its culture but it wont be any less tasty if they killed it kindly just before cooking to save it so much pain!

·
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you so much.
Yeah to be honest i don't give a D**** if its their culture or not.
Either way its torture and animal cruelty, they would'nt do this to a human being. People need to really get their heads looked at when they think this is ok. Its utterly disgusting.

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
Would it not be better to leave the videos up so people can see? By having the videos removed people aren't going to know what is going on.

·
I am allergic to maths
1,318 Posts
There is already plenty videos with animal abuse in them (There is a video of a boa eating a live guinea pig) and most people that watch that video dont care about the animal, they just get a kick out of it because they think its gross to eat a live fish.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts